Vapor Audio systems

Eugene2

Re: Vapor Audio systems
« Reply #40 on: 29 Mar 2015, 03:12 pm »
I couldn't figure out how to flip pictures, the Odyssey amps are far from broken in, it started out as an integrated, so Klaus changed it into a full blown dual mono setup.  The preamp chassis houses one Kismet board and the outboard power supply is for the left channel mono amp and preamp.  The right channel Kismet amp board and power supply are housed in a separate Khartago box.  The Vapor's are an upgraded Cirrus they have a mixture of caps I believe Aurcap XO and one Dueland RS in each box.  I am using Nordost cones under neath instead of the stock cones.  Cabling is all Verastarr  Grand Illusion and Grand Illusion Signature (same cables Ryan uses at various shows) with power conditioning by ZenWave.  I am still waiting for my Antipodes to return, to accompany the PS Audio PWT and DSD.  Various tweaks from Harmonix, Nordost Quantum, Akiko, GIK and Auralex room panels.

tesseract

« Reply #41 on: 31 Mar 2015, 01:05 am »
I didn't realize you were so taken with them, thank you for sharing.  After the pitiful 'official' coverage from RMAF this year, attendee feedback was even more important.

8)

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/gtg-clubs-associations-audio-fests/96313-rocky-mountain-audio-fest-rmaf-2014-show-coverage-5.html#post972281

tesseract

« Reply #42 on: 31 Mar 2015, 01:21 am »
My current reference speaker, the Vapor Audio Sundog Black. Upgraded passives, bi-wire option and matching stands.

fex02

« Reply #43 on: 31 Mar 2015, 12:20 pm »
SWEET !

GentleBender

« Reply #44 on: 31 Mar 2015, 02:06 pm »
That is some sweet looking red dyed curly maple you have on those. :thumb:

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #45 on: 31 Mar 2015, 02:10 pm »
That is some sweet looking red dyed curly maple you have on those. :thumb:

Sapele

GentleBender

« Reply #46 on: 31 Mar 2015, 02:23 pm »
I learned something new! :lol:

Eugene2

« Reply #47 on: 8 Apr 2015, 10:54 pm »
Ok I have been breaking in the Odyssey amps for about 9 days, I'm not kidding if you can get the Bad Plus "These are the Vistas" and Kip Hanrahah "all Roads Are Made of the Flesh" (especially cut 3), through my Vapor's what I'm hearing is ridiculous...    :lol: