Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
6moons Moonbeams
« on: 5 Apr 2005, 12:45 pm »

miklorsmith

Wow!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2005, 01:46 pm »
You weren't kidding about being a busy beaver.

So, what's REALLY on tap?  Timeframes?  Prices?

Inquiring minds. . .

ludavico

6moons Moonbeams
« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2005, 02:35 pm »
Vinnie, any chance you will be marketing the pharmaceuticals you use to keep output from Red Wine Audio so high?

Thanks in advance for any information.
John

audiojerry

6moons Moonbeams
« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2005, 03:08 pm »
Lotus....  very, very cool!
So, what is the output of those sexy little cuties?

doug s.

• makin' music
6moons Moonbeams
« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2005, 03:27 pm »
Quote from: audiojerry
Lotus....  very, very cool!
So, what is the output of those sexy little cuties?

i'd imagine this is the same clari-t amp, which would mean 6wpc into 8 ohms, 10wpc into 4 ohms...

doug s.

Gordy

6moons Moonbeams
« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2005, 02:46 am »
Not only in Moonbeams Vinnie, but in his latest editorial/thinkpiece as well...
http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/paradime/paradime.html

Dmason

6moons Moonbeams
« Reply #6 on: 6 Apr 2005, 05:09 am »
That is an exceptionally well written piece for something that was churned out in the last 48 hours. I am happy things are going well for Srajan and his Audio Portal.

I can't help commenting that Vinnie Rossi is mentioned in one paragraph, and Nelson Pass in another. Not a bad start kiddo...

miklorsmith

Coolness
« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2005, 02:26 pm »
I sent Mr. Ebaen himself an e-mail about the Clari-T and Druids, telling him how synergistic it is and deserves wider acclaim.  Well, he's got a pair of Druids on the way and just wrote me that he will try to time his reviews such that he's got the Clari-T and Druids together.  Hubba hubba.

I also made a pitch to throw the Audio Zone PRE-T1 into the mix, as I would bet this will be perfect for the combo.  The Druids are getting better and better.

Interesting note on the Decwares.  They had been very badly assembled, and according to both principals at Decware, sounded like "s#*t".  So, the guy that had them before has agreed to let Decware re-ship the speakers.  Interestingly, he had already ordered the Druids.  So, in the not-too-distant future, I'll be able to side-by-side the RL-3's and Druids with the Clari-T.  If anybody else in Seattle is interested, I'll try to get you in.   :wink:

Sorry to get off-topic, but I don't want to start a new thread for everything.

tyee

6moons Moonbeams
« Reply #8 on: 6 Apr 2005, 07:35 pm »
When is that new sonic impact gen 2 amp coming out? (as seen in the first "news" post above.  The increase in power may be helpful to a lot of us.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
6moons Moonbeams
« Reply #9 on: 8 Apr 2005, 03:21 am »
Quote from: tyee
When is that new sonic impact gen 2 amp coming out? (as seen in the first "news" post above.  The increase in power may be helpful to a lot of us.

The amp that sounds the most like the Clari-T-Amp, but with more power, is the all battery-modded Teac:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/Teac_AL700P_mods.html

I've been swapping them back and forth, using a Puri-T passive preamp (prototype unit).  The Red Wine Teac has a tad bit smoother top end and more bass punch/slam, while the Clari-T delivers a little bit more detail/transparency, but less power.  

Both units are very fast, very dynamic, and have the blackest backgrounds you'll ever hear!  

Regards,

tyee

6moons Moonbeams
« Reply #10 on: 8 Apr 2005, 01:48 pm »
Thanks for the info Vinnie. How does the modded Sharp fit in with the Clari-T and Teac.

PS. - I called SI, and they said the new 50 watter won't be out "for many months".