NuPrime Raspberry Pi Server and DAC with volume control

rustydoglim

Re: NuPrime Raspberry Pi Server and DAC with volume control
« Reply #120 on: 10 Aug 2017, 10:51 pm »
I thought Pi-9 has been shipped to people who ordered.

rustydoglim

« Reply #121 on: 26 Sep 2017, 10:54 pm »
I have finally added NuPrime Pi-9 to this site that you can purchase directly:
https://nuoem.com/product-category/custom-design/electronics/audio/

A few people have bought it in July, please provide your feedback.

srb

« Reply #122 on: 26 Sep 2017, 11:17 pm »
I can only view the first photo (rear panel).  The other thumbnails will highlight but do nothing (in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari and Internet Explorer).

Haven't tried it on a different computer yet.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #123 on: 27 Sep 2017, 12:04 am »
I got it to kind of work with Firefox.  The rear picture is lacking but Head Fi has some line drawings that present better.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nuprime-raspberry-pi-server-and-dac-with-volume-control.811335/

I added them below.

srb

« Reply #124 on: 27 Sep 2017, 02:01 am »
While clicking on the row of very small thumbnails did nothing, I did find I could scroll the row of larger thumbnails above them and then click on them for a full size image.

rustydoglim

« Reply #125 on: 27 Sep 2017, 10:43 pm »
Thanks, I need to do some debugging on that page, nuprime website is using the same feature but working just fine.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #126 on: 3 Dec 2017, 03:11 pm »
I'm wondering how these turned out?  What have been people's experiences with the Pi with the uDSD in pairing?  What OS are you using?

For previous Pi owners, do you notice a big difference with the power supply?

Thanks for the info,
Rafa.

giordy60

« Reply #127 on: 27 Dec 2017, 06:12 pm »
I suppose Jason has used volumio of raspberry, inter alia and remotely controllable from its app

slash71

« Reply #128 on: 28 Dec 2017, 02:48 am »
I'm wondering how these turned out?  What have been people's experiences with the Pi with the uDSD in pairing?  What OS are you using?

Thanks for the info,
Rafa.

Hi Rafa,

I don't have Nuprime PI server but load my PI board whit ropieee or dietPI or ARMbian(*) OS's and a squeezelite software modded and compiled from source started @ boot with parameter like these:

Code: [Select]
./squeezelite -n 'uDSD' -r '384000 352800 192000 176400 96000 88200 44100' -D 0:s32le -o 'iec958:CARD=CDP9,DEV=0' -b '12400:12400' -a '499:3:32:1'
 the server side  (@VirtualMachine PC) runs  Daphile (beta) and stream  directly to RPI with squeezelite  (@DSD128 res.)

I. chain: DAPHILE (@VM PC) --- [LAN] --> RPI (squeezelite-R2) -- [USB] --> uDSD or CDP9 DAC

===

With another MODS, using circa same software with ARMBian and SPICE protocol, I can stream USB (Isochronous) directly to DAPHILE via LAN  using RPI like a bridge for the  USB virtualisation protocol..

II. chain : DAPHILE (@VM PC) --- [LAN] --> RPI (USB Virt ) -- [USB] --> uDSD or CDP9 DAC

With this MODS the Daphile VM  view  the virtualised USB via network channel,  and use remote device like a directly attached DAC!

I started using DAPHILE because it support Tidal HIRES but it runs on X86 machines only , the RPI used like a bridge fill the gap  because the X86 machine (and coolers) is away to audio gears.

agdev01

« Reply #129 on: 15 Jan 2018, 12:36 am »

I have two of Pi servers with the uDSD, including one in my main system that consists of a pair of Harbeth 30.1s, a DAC-9 and two STA-9s.  Prior to using the Pi server I had a SonicOrbiterSE (With the LPS) and then a microRendu from Sonore.  The second PI server is in a bedroom system with an IDA-8 and a pair of ELAC Uni-Fi B5 slims.

I have swapped the pre-loaded image on both units with RoPieee, as i use Roon for playback software and wanted something specific to that.

Quite frankly i've been extremely happy with both units.  Performance wise I have zero complaints.  I'm able to achieve the same results from a product that not only matches the rest of my gear (a big + in my book) but also cost about 1/3 less than what i was using.

I don't really ever get much use from the uDSD as i have the DAC-9 and don't use headphones at home. i do have one hooked up to a pair of active speakers at work.   The primary reason why i bought it was because the RCA outputs were fixed which is what i needed for the particular speakers i have.  As a dac its great and as a headphone amp it drives my iSine 20's just fine.  I do wish the volume was a little more linear (still drives them pretty easily) but if i were using more sensitive cans or iems i probably wouldn't.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #130 on: 15 Jan 2018, 06:07 am »
Thank you, very informative! I myself have a RPi 3 hooked to my DAC-10, and was hoping to buy a new one for the other system with the uDSD.

I still wonder how much better sound would the custom filter board would provide, but your info is very enlightning about what seems a really similar scenario.

Thanks,
Rafa.