Linear Tube Audio

Escott1377

Linear Tube Audio
« on: 13 Mar 2024, 12:45 am »
Does anyone have experience with their MICROZOTL PREAMPLIFIER?

I am considering the purchase and there do not seem to be many reviews out there.

Thanks in advance -

Rusty Jefferson

Re: Linear Tube Audio
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2024, 01:08 am »
Here's a link to a review by Steve Guttenberg from a couple months ago.

https://youtu.be/dPKjdHw-gWg?feature=shared

I use the MZ3 as a preamplifier in a system. It's delightful.

JakeJ

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2024, 11:39 pm »
If you are specifically querying MicroZOTL owners then you should scour as many audio forums as you can.  If you want print reviews then Google is your friend.

SHXMD

« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2024, 04:35 am »
Yes, I have owned the MicroZotl for about 6 months. I have the Stage II upgrade.
I conducted an exhaustive search of tube preamps and found about 4 or 5 reviews of the Micro on non-mainstream outlets.

The Audiophiliac did a review (after I bought mine) and it is now his reference Pre-amp.

I was interested in a tube preamp which was neutral but fills out the “correct sound” matched with SS Amp (Bryston) needed to drive my LRS+.

On well recorded music (even with a digital front end) the combination sounds purely live.

IMO the preamp is clear, clean and imparts little to no discernible signature.

The company is small but has been very responsive to provide support when I cracked a tube or had any questions.

I do not work for the company.

In retrospect I must admit it was very anxiety producing to consider paying this amount for something I could only find little about. In addition, what could be found was seemingly “overwhelmingly positive (IMO)”
I took  a chance and it worked very well for me. YMMV

veloceleste

« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2024, 07:07 am »
Excellent product, excellent company!

Escott1377

« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2024, 12:48 pm »
I pulled the trigger on the LTA Microzotl pre on FRI.  They were offering a discount for AXPONA - I think primarily to stir up interest in their new DAC.

With the discount and some negotiation, I basically got the Level 2 upgrade for no additional charge.

I own a Holo May DAC and while talking to them, LTS informed me they have exhibited with this very DAC.

I figure that since the pair is good enough for an audio show, I will have the same performance in my set up.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2024, 01:31 pm »
Does anyone have experience with their MICROZOTL PREAMPLIFIER?

I am considering the purchase and there do not seem to be many reviews out there.

Thanks in advance -
Dont bother with famous reviews they cost money, not cheap.

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2024, 12:55 pm »

I own a Holo May DAC and while talking to them, LTS informed me they have exhibited with this very DAC.

I figure that since the pair is good enough for an audio show, I will have the same performance in my set up.

this raises the interesting question of how the LTA DAC will compare to a higher end Holo DAC.  if anyone does a comparison, please post your impressions.  thanks!