NEW AVA FACEPLATES

avahifi

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« on: 2 Nov 2005, 04:23 pm »
ULTRA SL AND TRANSCENDENCE EIGHT FACEPLATE

ULTRA EC FACEPLATE

ULTRA DAC FACEPLATE

FET VALVE ULTRA 350 AND 550 FACEPLATE

Note that new faceplates can be retrofitted to existing chassis in many cases, assuming that circuits are brought up to date at the same time.  Price will be announced soon.

Frank Van Alstine

Tweaker

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2005, 05:25 pm »
I can't tell any difference between the new power amp faceplate and the original, except for the artwork is gold now. That's it?

avahifi

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #2 on: 2 Nov 2005, 07:31 pm »
The power amp faceplate has a bit different text and the logo is a bit smaller and in a matching light gold shade.  Otherwise not much different here.

Frank Van Alstine

Tweaker

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #3 on: 2 Nov 2005, 07:49 pm »
Well, not exactly a radical change but it is an improvement. Gives it a much more elegant look.

Russell Dawkins

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 2005, 08:41 pm »
I think the new faceplates are a huge improvement.

WEEZ

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2005, 11:19 pm »
:hyper:

8)

Parnelli777

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #6 on: 3 Nov 2005, 12:40 am »
Looks slick. I like the logo to begin with, so it still looks nice. My wife is a graphic designer, so I look at things like this with interest, logos, font/style/color choice, etc.

But it would be nice to get rid of the red plastic power button. It would look better in black. Red plastic always looks, well, kinda cheap to me.

avahifi

red power switch
« Reply #7 on: 3 Nov 2005, 02:41 pm »
Its kind of hard to get a black power switch to light up.   :?

Frank

skrivis

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #8 on: 3 Nov 2005, 02:42 pm »
Quote from: Parnelli777
Looks slick. I like the logo to begin with, so it still looks nice. My wife is a graphic designer, so I look at things like this with interest, logos, font/style/color choice, etc.

But it would be nice to get rid of the red plastic power button. It would look better in black. Red plastic always looks, well, kinda cheap to me.

I like it, especially if it's lit from within like the rocker switches on the old faceplates are.

I've always thought that the old Dyna and Mac equipment looked good, so my tastes may differ from yours. :)

skrivis

Re: red power switch
« Reply #9 on: 3 Nov 2005, 02:42 pm »
Quote from: avahifi
Its kind of hard to get a black power switch to light up.   :?

Frank

Black light? hehe

WEEZ

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #10 on: 3 Nov 2005, 04:55 pm »
i just happened to notice that from the pictures, all the chassis appear to be the same width. are they all 17" now?

avahifi

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #11 on: 3 Nov 2005, 05:36 pm »
Yup  --  17 inch wide

Frank

Russell Dawkins

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #12 on: 3 Nov 2005, 05:47 pm »
Isn't that a "power on" LED beside the switch? The switch was my only concern, visually, too. I favour an internally lit pushbutton, even if incandescent bulb. Failing that, a pushbutton with a very small blue LED adjacent. It's not my call, though, and I think it is already basically "there". Cosmetics *do* matter!

Tweaker

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #13 on: 3 Nov 2005, 07:38 pm »
I think a green lit power switch would be a nice touch. I've grown to hate leds, they're always too damned bright. My preamp has one of those blue superbright leds and I have to cover it with a piece of black tape to keep it from blinding me if I want to listen with the lights off.

skrivis

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #14 on: 3 Nov 2005, 07:52 pm »
Quote from: Tweaker
I think a green lit power switch would be a nice touch. I've grown to hate leds, they're always too damned bright. My preamp has one of those blue superbright leds and I have to cover it with a piece of black tape to keep it from blinding me if I want to listen with the lights off.

They don't have to be too bright. You can get all sorts of LEDs. It should be easy enough to replace a color or brightness you don't like. They rate them for output, and you could also try one with a translucent body instead of transparent (it gives more of a soft glow).

As for a green-lit power switch, it might be available. You'd just have to swap it for the old one.

avahifi

NEW AVA FACEPLATES
« Reply #15 on: 3 Nov 2005, 08:35 pm »
Nope, that is not a power on LED next to the power switch, that is the receiver lens for the remote control.

Frank