What kinda feet do you like?

Glady86

What kinda feet do you like?
« on: 21 Jul 2023, 08:43 am »
  Interested in peoples choice of footers for NX Otica or whatever speakers you own. I have those cheap Chinese made three ball isolation pucks under my NX Oticas, but maybe I should use spikes or cones instaed?

dpatters

Re: What kinda feet do you like?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2023, 12:24 pm »
The IsoAcoustics Gaia feet are very popular. I use Track Audio isolation footers which are made for very heavy speakers. My Vapor Joule Black weigh 250 lbs. each.

Don P

350Industrial

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2023, 02:56 pm »
During my Otica build I contacted GR about my application and what type of base/feet to use- for my use case, carpet over concrete slab, they recommended spikes that screw into threaded inserts under the speaker.

Glady86

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2023, 04:25 pm »
  My concern about the high quality footers that are available like shown above, is I dont want to raise the speakers more than about an inch. My NX Oticas are now sitting directly on concrete in a basement room. My understanding is spikes should be the best option. Also you cant level the speakers with these isolation pucks. I did order some budget low profile spikes, or they look more like small cones which will arrive today. I will try those next.

Glady86

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2023, 06:09 pm »

These are what I bought from Amazon for $39.00 for two
Sets of four. They actually look like good quality.

Glady86

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2023, 06:33 pm »
I definitely like these better than the pucks. They look better under the speakers and were easy to adjust to anchor the speakers solidly.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #7 on: 21 Jul 2023, 07:15 pm »
These look pretty good to me, but I can't afford them.

Glady86

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jul 2023, 07:37 pm »
These look pretty good to me, but I can't afford them.

Nice feet, but I like the rest of her parts even more. Im sure the top parts looks nice too.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jul 2023, 08:42 pm »
I have GAIA Series under my speakers;

"The GAIA speaker isolation feet consist of acoustic isolators contained within an elegant machined dark chrome metal housing. Incorporating IsoAcoustics patented design principles, the GAIA’s provides a high degree of isolation while resisting lateral movement and oscillations to maintain alignment with the listening position. Internal reflections from the hard-supporting surface are attenuated resulting in greater sound clarity and openness. The GAIA’s will reveal clarity and openness from your speakers like you’ve never heard."

Also, I have OREA Series under my components;

"Experience the Orea Series audio component isolation feet, designed to eliminate parasitic vibrations and provide greater sound clarity and focus. Ideal for electronic components such as Amplifiers, DACs, CD Players, Speakers, and Turntables, the OREA isolation feet are made of machined stainless steel and feature a low-profile design to minimize any increase in height."

Highly recommended.

https://isoacoustics.com/

toocool4

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jul 2023, 09:01 pm »
I use Symposium Svelte Shelf with RollerBlock JR under my speakers, now I will never use any speakers without this combination under them. The improvement in sound is immediately obvious.  8)

Glady86

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jul 2023, 10:03 pm »
I use Symposium Svelte Shelf with RollerBlock JR under my speakers, now I will never use any speakers without this combination under them. The improvement in sound is immediately obvious.  8)

Ive done that years ago, I still have the Symposium svelt shelfs. Though I used a DIY version for the roller blocks .I remember I liked the affect on those particular speakers I had at the time. I haven't tried it recently, though I might try it with NX Oticas sometime. It would raise the tweeter height more than Id like but maybe that wouldn't be a problem?