Lone Star Audio Fest 2023

Norman Tracy

Lone Star Audio Fest 2023
« on: 31 Jan 2023, 02:16 am »
Lone Star Audio Fest 2023 is a go scheduled for first weekend of June the 2nd, 3rd & 4th.

Location is Dallas Texas USA new for 2023 hotel is the Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria 14021 Noel Road Dallas, Texas 75240 USA.

Details including special room rates for exhibitors and attendees can be found on LSAF website (http://lonestaraudiofest.com/).

LSAF strives to be a low stress low cost high fun opportunity for both commercial and enthusiast exhibitors to gather in the Midwest USA with fellow audiophile music lovers. Costs are kept low with LSAF being 100% organized and supported by volunteers. For exhibitors (and attendees who want to stay at the hotel) special room discounts have been negotiated with Embassy Suites by Hilton. There are no admission fees or ticket costs to attendees.

We hope you can join us the first weekend of June in Dallas. It's a gathering of the HiFi tribe open and welcoming to all.

shooter

Re: Lone Star Audio Fest 2023
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2023, 02:18 am »
Glad it is returning, will be a fun weekend.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2023, 02:27 am »
Looking forward to demoing at LSAF 2023!  Room is reserved.

RandyH

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2023, 01:14 pm »
So, the location has moved again?  I know it moved from it's original location to the Embassy Suites near DFW airport but checking the latest information shows yet another location near the Galleria Mall.  Am I correct?  Looking forward to going.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2023, 10:36 pm »
the new location is closer to dfw airport.  don't forget to bring drinks :icon_twisted:
anybody checking in thursday?

Norman Tracy

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2023, 05:46 pm »
the new location is closer to dfw airport.  don't forget to bring drinks :icon_twisted:
anybody checking in thursday?

Hi Randy H,
Yes, LSAF as new location for 2023. The old hotel needed refreshing so rather than suffer through that process show moved. See the address in my post at top of this thread. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2023, 07:03 pm »
I am posting some of the exhibitors who will be at Lone Star Audio Fest 2023 starting with my great friend Michael Lundy's Uilleam Audio.

Building on past strengths Michael's demo system is based on his GR Research NX-Otica + Servo Sub system as fabricated be Michael. Electronics centered around PS Audio including BHK Signature preamp, M700 power amps, and latest upgrade DirectStream DAC MK2.

Visit Uilleam Audio's room for state of the art sound and to discuss how Michael's craftsmanship and capabilities fit into your HiFi pursuit.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2023, 04:05 pm »
I am posting some of the exhibitors who will be at Lone Star Audio Fest 2023 starting with my great friend Michael Lundy's Uilleam Audio.

Building on past strengths Michael's demo system is based on his GR Research NX-Otica + Servo Sub system as fabricated be Michael. Electronics centered around PS Audio including BHK Signature preamp, M700 power amps, and latest upgrade DirectStream DAC MK2.

Visit Uilleam Audio's room for state of the art sound and to discuss how Michael's craftsmanship and capabilities fit into your HiFi pursuit.

Slight change, the power amps are the hybrid M1200s with a tube input stage and SS output stage. I'll also have the PS Audio PerfectWave SADC transport (PST) so feel free to bring your own SADCs and/or CDs

Mike

marvda1

marvda1

« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2023, 04:55 pm »
Here is a review I wrote on the Infigo cables.  They will be at LSAF.

https://www.thesoundadvocate.com/2023/05/infigo-audio-sparkle-signature-cables-reviewed/
« Last Edit: 20 May 2023, 06:45 pm by marvda1 »

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2023, 06:17 pm »
Here is a review I wrote on the Infigo cables.  They wil be at LSAF.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snjy3OQXD34&fbclid=IwAR08oG5C8KHifQc5V0W6T2idjIMtfs6rr2RtEngZ5txZ6lOOCrQY3DJnymk

This is the same link to Steven's FAQ video

Norman Tracy

« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2023, 04:33 am »
After a two-year hiatus LSAF 2023 will include several new companies. Lone Star Audio Fest has always been a great place for start-up HiFi companies to get early exposure. After a recent phone conversation with founder Bryan Miller one of the new companies I am looking forward to hearing is Miller Audio LLC. Miller Audio https://www.milleraudiollc.com/ initial offerings center around the venerable Dynaco ST-70 and ST-120 tube amps. Drawing on his 30 year’s experience as an electrical engineer with Raytheon Bryan has designed a ST-70 Auto Bias Module the first new upgrade board for the ST-70s in many years. Michael Lundy’s Uilleam Audio will provide his personal set of NX-Studios for the Miller Audio room demo system. Upgraded ST-70 driving NX-Studios will be a treat and statement of very big bang for the buck high-end HiFi.

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
« Reply #12 on: 21 May 2023, 12:15 pm »
Looking forward to the show. It's been too long.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2023, 01:32 pm »
Bringing the new HAL Magnetar II widerange planar open baffle speakers and two 3x12 servo sub towers to LSAF.  These are run by the Danville Signal dspNexus 2x8 digital front end, DSP crossover and HiRez DAC's. 

The testing setup for trials before packing for LSAF.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #14 on: 22 May 2023, 04:42 am »
Richard, thanks for posting the Hollis Audio Labs LSAF system on the show thread. Looking forward to seeing and hearing the new HAL Magnetar II design with latest planar drivers. Also looking forward to meeting Al Clark of Danville Signal in person. The phone conversions I have had with Al revealed he is certainly one of the giant brains in HiFi. And he posts pictures of his dog to Instagram so of course he's my kind of guy. See y'all in Dallas!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2023, 02:55 am »
LSAF is only a week away. Frantically trying to get everything ready, and keep up with the day job too

Here’s a pic of the Studio Monitors that are going. Haven’t got the grills done yet

I’m also working on strands. Here is one in Paduk

There will also be a pair in Wenge

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2023, 03:17 am »
LSAF is only a week away. Frantically trying to get everything ready, and keep up with the day job too

Here’s a pic of the Studio Monitors that are going. Haven’t got the grills done yet

Stunning.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2023, 04:02 pm »
Reviewing the exhibitors lists for LSAF 2023 I was very pleased to see both Raven Audio and Austin Audioworks are returning to Dallas next weekend. A great value of LSAF is the opportunity to meet and get to know the principals of the companies exhibiting. Be assured you will enjoy meeting Dave Thomson and James Connell of Raven Audio and Austin Audioworks' Barry Thornton. Their demo rooms offer outstanding sound from lust worthy equipment.

Rave Audio Nighthawk

Austin Audioworks The Black Amp

Austin Audioworks The Black Swan phono stage