Hello

BrodaWawa

Hello
« on: 5 Aug 2022, 03:41 pm »
Hi . I am Darek from Warsaw. I am self-taught and my hobby is designing and building loudspeakers and amplifiers. Of the latter, I like the Mosfet Single Ended constructions the most, because I managed to design and build some of them (with light bulbs instead of a current source). When it comes to loudspeakers, my first Open Baffles with 15 "Eminence EM15-100 and Oxford 6x9" broadband speakers are about to be built. My workshop has recently acquired a measuring system for loudspeakers and room acoustics, and a router. More and more people are asking me to build speakers, and it takes a long time to make holes by hand so that the speakers are flush with the board. In turn, a professional carpenter counted for 8 holes as much as a milling machine in a supermarket. I hope that the exchange of our knowledge will be very fruitful, and I will gladly try to help everyone as much as I can. Best regards from Poland

Blackmore

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2022, 07:27 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 5 Aug 2022, 10:22 pm »
Welcome dear FR lover, this is great news.
Please see our FR driver Circle:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=128.0

Do you could say us more info on the Mosfet SE amps?
They need a pre-amp?

AllanS

« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2022, 11:16 pm »
Welcome aboard!

BrodaWawa

« Reply #4 on: 6 Aug 2022, 12:01 am »

BrodaWawa

« Reply #5 on: 6 Aug 2022, 12:02 am »
Heat sinks of this size are sufficient for the IRFP260. During operation, they keep about 60 degrees. The amplifier is over a year old and when using a transformer in the 24V / 16.6A power supply, it gives off about 2x8-10 watts. Unfortunately, with the classic power supply you can hear a slight humming noise, which is why I changed the power supply to pulse 24V / 8.6A. There are no disturbing sounds at the expense of a slight power reduction.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 6 Aug 2022, 01:18 am »
They are run too hot, try use this bigger heatsink.
https://www.rfparts.com/hs100-9-8-heatsink-aluminum-7-x-9-875-x-1-25-no-holes.html
What are the input circuit?
It need a pre-amp?

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 6 Aug 2022, 01:18 am »
Welcome!

toocool4

« Reply #8 on: 6 Aug 2022, 11:47 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle BrodaWawa

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: 6 Aug 2022, 01:52 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC BrodaWaWa   :thumb:

BrodaWawa

« Reply #10 on: 7 Aug 2022, 03:30 am »
Did someone build "
Single-Ended Regulator Transconductor (SERT) Amplifier"?

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 7 Aug 2022, 06:22 pm »
Did someone build "
Single-Ended Regulator Transconductor (SERT) Amplifier"?
Nice thanks for posting. I asked if your amp need a pre-amp why I have found the MoFo SE similar to your amp that have no input stage and no gain, so it needs a pre-amp with much gain.
So how much gain have your input stage?
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=179626.0