Pricing & general updates

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Pricing & general updates
« on: 29 Jul 2022, 01:52 am »
Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick announcement to everyone here that the prices of all our kits & upgrades will be going up due to the rising costs of raw materials, especially over the last few months.

All of our speaker kits (X/NX/LGK) and completed speakers will be seeing a price increase, starting August 1st.
Any orders placed before August 1st will remain at the current prices.

Many of the prices for speaker upgrade kits have already been updated as I go through them. Most kits are seeing big jumps in price, especially the larger kits.

Prices of our subs, cables and accessories won't change for the time being, but that may change in the future as the cost of production and shipping continue to rise.

X-series updates:
We are currently caught up through mid-April and should have another batch of 108 tweeters arriving by Monday that will help us get caught up through June and into July.

The X-statiks are waiting on iron-core inductors for the bass circuit, and they should be arriving in the next week. We received several a Month ago and they quickly went to fill backorders.

NX-series updates:
We received the first batch of iron core inductors for the NX kits and shipped out a good number of orders until we ran out. We have more on order that should be arriving soon as well.

We got the first batch of Neo3 tweeters a couple weeks ago and we have another 800+ units on the way coming by sea.

LGK Updates:
We're just about ready to launch the newest addition to the LGK line, the "2.1." I put a preview page up on the site last week.
https://gr-research.com/product/lgk-2-1-kit-pair/

Danny had me design them back around the first of May when we were still brainstorming ideas for other speakers in this series. We still have a bunch of woofers leftover from the "desktop mini" kits, and will be using them to take over the bottom end below 200Hz for those that want more power or to use them in more typical use cases.

We got the test cabinet above 3 weeks ago and just got a pair of assembled cabinets to build out a pair a soon as the custom coils arrive. In terms of size, they're somewhere between the Desktop mini and X-Bravo.

We also have plans for a matching "2.2" center & "2.4" tower to follow shortly.

Once we finally run out of the mini woofers we'll likely retool them to work with M130s.

RonP

Re: Pricing & general updates
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2022, 05:56 pm »
We also have plans for a matching "2.2" center & "2.4" tower to follow shortly.

Once we finally run out of the mini woofers we'll likely retool them to work with M130s.
What about an open-baffle variant of this?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2022, 09:22 pm »
The mini woofers aren't designed to handle OB very well.
The M130s can, but are still limited to ~150-200Hz.

Effecieny will also be somewhat to the 85db of the LGK.

russellberg

« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2022, 01:28 am »
I think the decimal point is in the wrong spot for the base price for NX-Oticas.  It reads $31.80.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2022, 01:34 am »
I think the decimal point is in the wrong spot for the base price for NX-Oticas.  It reads $31.80.

Good catch, fixed it.

russellberg

« Reply #5 on: 3 Aug 2022, 01:37 am »
I just finished mine last week.  Sooooooo worth it!!