New BePure 2's for Pacific Audio Fest

Mudslide

Re: New BePure 2's for Pacific Audio Fest
« Reply #20 on: 31 Jul 2022, 05:56 am »
Mary mentioned you and your Lincoln City audio show today!  :thumb:

I tried to slip one of the room cards into my pocket, but Jim's got eagle eyes, so I didn't succeed. It's just as well. He may have suspected me if I had succeeded in sneaking the speakers out in the middle of the night. Darn it!  :green:

Jim and Mary are lovely, special people.  (Many thanks for the promo, Mary.   :thumb:)  But Michael, I'd hardly call our humble GTG an "audio show" ... although we did manage to cram about 700 speakers and 400 audio hounds into my buddy's house...according to his wife.   :lol:

Seriously, those BePure 2's are down-right gorgeous.

Buckeye2604

« Reply #21 on: 1 Aug 2022, 09:56 am »
That veneer looks awesome.

Rshorb

« Reply #22 on: 1 Aug 2022, 10:26 pm »
Great looking Speakers as always. I hope you guys had a great show. Looking forward to getting my pair when there finished.
« Last Edit: 6 Aug 2022, 08:39 am by Rshorb »

EkW

« Reply #23 on: 2 Aug 2022, 12:16 am »
I got to hear them at PacFest. The Spanish brand Kroma was showing stand mount speakers that use the Purify driver. The Mimi Extreme uses one woofer and costs twice as much as the Salk. They sounded good, but so did the Salks. And with two woofers in a larger enclosure I bet that the BePure2 bass is better. I didn’t run back and forth between the rooms to try for a more direct comparison and I heard them on separate days. I think that the Salk is the better value. There are lots of fine speakers at $6 to $7k; I think Spatials at a similar price are also a good value. There were some really good $10k+ monitors that give the impression of bass, but they have to work hard, esp. in a larger room. The Borreson monitors were impressive, as they should be at over $50,000, or $100,000 for the super duper ones. The driver baskets on the pricy model cost close to $10,000/pr just to 3D print out of Zirconium.

jsalk

« Reply #24 on: 16 Aug 2022, 07:22 pm »
Greg Weaver just released a write-up on our room at PAF.  Here are his comments...

"My next stop was in 1357 sponsored by Salk Sound and McGary Audio. If you've followed my show reporting over the years, it will be obvious that I very much respect, and both enjoy and get, what this partnership consistently pulls off at shows.

"Though no mention of what source for files or streaming was used, the DAC used was the Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC / Preamp ($3,698). The amplifier was Mike McGary's Class AB Ultralinear output stage SA 1 E Vacuum Tube Stereo Amplifier ($7,000).

"Jim was showing his astonishing sounding Salk BePure 2 speakers ($6,895), finished in an unusual and very attractive Harborica wood finish, and all cabling was from ANTICABLES, including the new Level 4.2 FLEX Speaker Wires ($590/pr.), the new Level 7.3 RCA interconnects ($890/pr.), a Level 3.3 USB Cord ($290), and the Level 3 Power Cords ($330).

"Their rooms are always so relaxed and effortless sounding, yet full of detail and present with an engaging musical resolution. I have to say that the way Jim marries these two exceptional six-and-a-half inch Purifi woofers to this exciting Satori beryllium tweeter, as driven by Mike's lush and lyrical, but not syrupy, power, results in remarkable punch, power, and drive, engaging and detailed midrange, and an effortless sense of upper-frequency extension. These partners consistently show with an overwhelmingly strong balance of tonality, dynamics, and resolution. Damn fun room...."

Thanks for the nice comments.  Yes, it was fun!

- Jim

jd3

« Reply #25 on: 16 Aug 2022, 09:06 pm »
Nice review!  Congrats Jim!