Speaker cable for Encores

Randy

Re: Speaker cable for Encores
« Reply #20 on: 30 Jun 2022, 04:52 pm »
Ascent 4TC ….

I’m not a believer in mega-buck cables …
Any “decent” cable will work just fine …

I seriously doubt anyone could tell the difference between a “decent “ cable and a mega-buck cable .
Snake oil , in my opinion.

Bk

Obviously there are diminishing returns, but to say there is no difference sonically between cables is an argument for deafness.

coach

« Reply #21 on: 30 Jun 2022, 11:40 pm »
I see that Anti Cables are 9 gauge. Are they hard to handle? Thats a pretty thick piece of wire. I have to say after all of the love Anti Cables are getting, plus Jim uses them, and the price is right, I'll pull the trigger soon. I'm using a pair of Energy RC 50 while I'm waiting. But I have to admit that compared to my Ushers, these come up way short. Wonder what the AC's would do for them. The Zavfino have also piqued my interest . Thanks Guys.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #22 on: 1 Jul 2022, 05:26 pm »
I see that Anti Cables are 9 gauge. Are they hard to handle? Thats a pretty thick piece of wire. I have to say after all of the love Anti Cables are getting, plus Jim uses them, and the price is right, I'll pull the trigger soon. I'm using a pair of Energy RC 50 while I'm waiting. But I have to admit that compared to my Ushers, these come up way short. Wonder what the AC's would do for them. The Zavfino have also piqued my interest . Thanks Guys.

The level 3's aren't that hard to handle. The wire is different than traditional cable because it is still, but once you "form it" to fit it stays put. That being said it tends to not "lay" on the floor like traditional cable unless you buy a bit of excess length and really form the cable to lay flat. I think the toughest part is bending the cable at the binding posts and inputs, but again once it's formed it stays still. While the cable is 9 gauge, there isn't other material around the cable unlike something like a 9 gauge power cable which can be very hard to manuever. Hope that helps.

coach

« Reply #23 on: 1 Jul 2022, 09:35 pm »
Thanks abd1. Thats what I needed to know. I do have some wiggle room behind my rack. Now I just have to hurry up and wait for the speakers.

Bubba12

« Reply #24 on: 23 Jul 2022, 12:07 am »
Anticables sound good but they are very difficult to lay on the ground flat. I didn't like them for that reason.