a streamer with a double audio output

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Read 480 times.

giordy60

  • Jr. Member
  • Posts: 167
a streamer with a double audio output
« on: 26 May 2022, 01:43 pm »
hi Jason a question ....
in the plans of Nuprime is there the possibility of creating a streamer with a double output?
by double output I mean 2 coax or 2 i2s
we often find ourselves in the possibility of trying different dacs in our audio reproduction system and having a source (stramer in this case) to which we can connect two dacs simultaneously helps us to understand which of the two can satisfy our needs.
thank you.

rustydoglim

Re: a streamer with a double audio output
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2022, 07:22 pm »
 :nono: We want you to buy Nuprime DAC.
Seriously, we never had this requirement. It is mainly a cost issue, however small is the increase. If only 1% of the customers need this feature, we are not going to raise the price for the other 99%.

WGH

Re: a streamer with a double audio output
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2022, 10:40 pm »
Would an Toslink S/PDIF splitter accomplish the same function? Monoprice has one for $27 which can be upgraded with a linear power supply (BYO).

Connect the output from the two DACs into a Van Alstine ABX Switch Comparator
https://avahifi.com/products/abx-switch-comparator

Match the levels and do either sighted or blind testing.

Audio by Van Alstine ABX Comparator Review
https://www.dagogo.com/audio-by-van-alstine-abx-comparator-review-part-1-audio-store-wiring/


 

Rusty Jefferson

  • Full Member
  • Posts: 713
Re: a streamer with a double audio output
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2022, 02:20 am »
That would be unusual to have 2 outputs of the same type. Perhaps 2 s/pdif outs, one coax and one BNC? You could use the AES and coax outputs with digital cables from the same cable company switching the cable type from time to time.

On another note, are any of the Nuprime streamers Roon Ready, or is there a Roon bridge?

giordy60

  • Jr. Member
  • Posts: 167
Re: a streamer with a double audio output
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2022, 10:24 am »
Would an Toslink S/PDIF splitter accomplish the same function? Monoprice has one for $27 which can be upgraded with a linear power supply (BYO).


thank you for your suggestion
perhaps it could be enough for the uses I would like to make of it  :wink:

the ABX seems to me too cost for the uses  :oops:

 :wink:

giordy60

  • Jr. Member
  • Posts: 167
Re: a streamer with a double audio output
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2022, 10:27 am »
:nono: We want you to buy Nuprime DAC.
Seriously, we never had this requirement. It is mainly a cost issue, however small is the increase. If only 1% of the customers need this feature, we are not going to raise the price for the other 99%.

Jason of dac Nuprime I have 3 ..... :wink:
.... it's not like I can buy them all   :lol: