Ordered DVA Digital Preamp Today

Savheagle

Ordered DVA Digital Preamp Today
« on: 28 Sep 2021, 07:46 pm »
Ordered DVA Digital Preamp Today and a Vision SET 400 Amp.....really looking forward to it!  Thanks to you all for the various discussions on this forum/circle as it has been very helpful in making a decision on AVA equipment....drove up to Pontiac about 6 weeks ago to listen to the Salk Sound Song3 Beats and those are on order with a projected January finish date.....pretty jacked up about some great equipment to enjoy this winter!

aln

Re: Ordered DVA Digital Preamp Today
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2021, 09:05 pm »
Excellent!  Enjoy

Savheagle

« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2021, 02:37 pm »
Got the DVA Digital Preamp and Vision Set 400 Amp in mail Wednesday afternoon.....great pieces of equipment.  They will sound great with my Salk Song3 BEAT speakers when they are completed and shipped.  probably not until late Feb, I would guess.  Few bugs to work out in the remote but Mary told me that would be the case and they are working on that and will get me out a new remote in a few weeks.  No worries.. Only suggestion I would make and it is certainly not a big deal but when sitting in a listening position 11 feet or so back from the speakers, my 61 year old eyes have a tough time reading the streaming quality on the Preamp/DAC screen..LOL....would be cool if the writing on the screen were color coordinated to stream quality.  That seems like it would be an easier and cheaper fix than making the print on screen bigger or putting a screen on the remote....if GREEN was 192k HZ, BLUE was 96k HZ and RED was 44k HZ, for example, that would be an awesome change !

I already hear a lot more midrange and beefier base than I had in my old integrated amp and my current budget speakers (good sound for the money, but definitely budget.) Those speakers are getting quite a work out from the amp and dac.....will suffice until the BEAT's arrive.

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2021, 02:47 pm »
How is the sound through it using headphones?

Savheagle

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2021, 02:30 am »
Sorry, cannot help there...have not put on a set of phones since 1996.