Just ordered the DVA 225 monoblocks

Onadifferentnote

Just ordered the DVA 225 monoblocks
« on: 4 Sep 2021, 11:13 pm »
Excited to get Frank's new monoblocks!
Excited to hear how they will sound with my Spatial Audio X-3's. I will also use them for a future unknown speaker I haven't identified yet, maybe a Salk or Alta Audio speaker. Still figuring it out.

Those with AVA experience with their recent/current amps, how do they differ from the other amps Franks sells?  It's not the most expensive amp Frank makes, but it seems that based on comments by the ava team, it may be the best. It's hard to tell cause when I read all the reviews, they are all extremely well respected. 

Super excited to get them and join the AVA family.  Frank seems like such a good, down to earth guy. I'm from Michigan, so maybe also a midwest connection.

Excited to get them, but as I look at my home made rack, I think they need a little nicer rack to call home.   
I found an online guy called Timbernation.com.  Is he reputable?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: 7 Sep 2021, 10:12 pm by Onadifferentnote »

JackD

Re: Just ordered the DVA 225 monoblocks
« Reply #1 on: 5 Sep 2021, 12:50 am »
Timbernation is a great source for audio furniture.

KLH007

« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2021, 01:38 am »
I have a pair of DVA 225s and I'm loving them, driving a pair of Alta Alecs, great synergy!

JackD

« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2021, 01:52 am »
Kemper

How do the Alta Alec's stack up to the QLN Prestige 3's you reviewed.  Getting the itch to try a new pair of speakers and these two are on my short list along with a pair of Rosso Fiorentino's.

Jack

Onadifferentnote

« Reply #4 on: 5 Sep 2021, 03:02 am »
Timbernation is a great source for audio furniture.

Thank you Jack.
That's I needed. I'll go with the rack.
Best...

JackD

« Reply #5 on: 5 Sep 2021, 04:29 am »
Sounds good as I've had mine almost three years and even had him make me a second set of posts with different spacing last December.  Take advantage of the ability to have deeper shelves and different spacing between shelves if you need it now or think you might in the future.  Also as they are really heavy once assembled get it close to where you want it before you put it together or use sliders and a second person unless you buy the modular versions. 

KLH007

« Reply #6 on: 7 Sep 2021, 02:48 am »
Kemper

How do the Alta Alec's stack up to the QLN Prestige 3's you reviewed.  Getting the itch to try a new pair of speakers and these two are on my short list along with a pair of Rosso Fiorentino's.

Jack

Hi Jack, It's too early to make a serious comparison, but the Alec's go lower with more punch, I'll call the mids on up a tie so far.

JackD

« Reply #7 on: 7 Sep 2021, 03:29 am »
A couple of the guys on the PSA forum have the Alec's and love them.  They would be matched with the Don Sachs preamp and the SET 400 at the house in Greenville. Going to stick with the Verity's in Florida for now.

KLH007

« Reply #8 on: 7 Sep 2021, 05:50 am »
Jack, The SET 400 is a great match and the Alecs are just beautiful to boot.

avahifi

« Reply #9 on: 7 Sep 2021, 01:17 pm »
Note that Mike Levy of Alta audio uses our SET amplifiers himself along with several reviewers he knows, and recommends them to his Alta customers.

You can't go wrong with a SET 400 or a pair of M225 amps driving Alta speakers.

Frank

G E

« Reply #10 on: 7 Sep 2021, 03:01 pm »
Thank you Jack.
That's I needed. I'll go with the rack.
Best...

+1

Timbernation is top notch. I just got two unfinished amp stands from them.

I dyed them black and finished with 6 coats of lacquer.  They look swell.

I plan to replace the MDF shelves on my solid steel rack with their 2” maple. I’ll stain them black and finish with polyurethane. Lacquer really smells up the house.