Setup an IDA-8 on Windows 10 - sounded great until I installed the nuprime drive

MartMan47

Using the USB port on the IDA-8 everything was working. Since I installed the nuprime driver the IDA-8 is not even recognized. I uninstalled the nuprime driver. No change. I see posts from a year ago suggesting it's a Windows problem. Is this the case? I have a current Windows 10 build 1803.

Phil A

Using the USB port on the IDA-8 everything was working. Since I installed the nuprime driver the IDA-8 is not even recognized. I uninstalled the nuprime driver. No change. I see posts from a year ago suggesting it's a Windows problem. Is this the case? I have a current Windows 10 build 1803.

What playback software are you using and what settings are selected?  Been using an IDA-8 in the office system for quite some time with their driver on my main (Windows 10) PC with no issues.

Phil A

PS - welcome to AC!  Also what happens when the driver is installed and you go to 'Manage Audio Devices'

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mediaq/2015/07/30/windows-10-audio-troubleshooting-tips/

Phil A

Are you also selecting (when the driver is installed) the Nuprime from Managing Audio Devices - my screen is below:

MartMan47

Right out of the box everything worked fine through the USB connection. Games, YouTube, jRiver Media Center all worked just fine. Then I installed the nuprime driver and the IDA-8 disappeared from the world. The nuprime control panel reports no devices connected. I've tried unplugging / plugging the USB. I haven't tried deleting all my USB ports like one post said since that was over a year ago and USB 3 was not around. The optical port works ok and I don't have much 384kb files or DSD so I have to think nuprime simply doesn't care much about this issue.

MartMan47

I do want to say - the USB issue notwithstanding - that the IDA-8 and my Kef LS50's are a wonderful match. I wanted some better computer speakers than the Bluetooth ones I was using and the difference is night and day. Wonderful clarity and sitting at the computer you get that amazing soundstaging the LS50's are know for. I'm in an apartment so I am not playing room shaking volumes but I've been trotting out sound files I haven't listened to in a while just to hear the nice sounds.

MartMan47

At this point I'm just going to be happy that the optical port on my computer works with my IDA-8. It looks like nuprime does not follow this forum otherwise you would think they might be concerned that installing their USB software on a current Windows installation puts the IDA-8 on the Windows bad actor list apparently permanently.

Samoyed

They do follow it but contact John Casler. He can probably get the help you need.

rustydoglim

I added the link to the older v7.10 driver on the IDA-8 product download tab, give it a try if you're having problem with v10_10 driver.

npedrinho

Hello @MartMan47 ! Can I ask you if you succeed installing the Nuprime IDA-8 usb drivers on Windows 10? I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. I installed the Nuprime IDA-8 on my CPU, but I can't do it on my Laptop. I'm going crazy on this.

Thank you.