AVA Business Model - why we are still here after 40 years.

aln

Re: AVA Business Model - why we are still here after 40 years.
« Reply #20 on: 27 Nov 2020, 01:29 pm »
Amen!  Frank is the best.

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
« Reply #21 on: 27 Nov 2020, 02:35 pm »
Yes indeed. I've never experienced such a combination of great products and customer service with any other business!

trebejo

« Reply #22 on: 26 Oct 2021, 06:10 pm »
The continuation of a fine tradition is a good reason to stay in business, right?

In 1984, vol. 7, No. 2, Stereophile published its list of recommended components, and on page 84 that list includes this passage.

"Dynaco PAS-3X$
Owners of this old classic should not immediately
throw it out; if you come across one at a garage
sale, snap it up. Removal of capacitors, upgrading
of the rectifier  and power supply, and replacing
resistors can turn the old PAS-3X into a respectable
preamp. In the Van Alstine-modified version ($160),
it  can rival some of the better modern units.
"

37 years later, happy audiophiles are still discovering for themselves this affordable road to sonic bliss. I'd bet a dollar that 37 years from now, the T10 will still sound great...

rcag_ils

« Reply #23 on: 24 Nov 2021, 03:53 am »
I'd love to buy one for $160.

ChuckH

« Reply #24 on: 31 Jul 2022, 01:39 am »
Frank, I'm wondering if you ever seriously considered making a 3 or more channel amp with a 12v trigger for home theatre or putting a trigger on your current line of amps as an option?

Many years ago I had my Hafler 600 rebuilt into an Omega amp and later had that amp upgraded to a later generation Omega 3.  No comparison between the Hafler and the Omega.  Every aspect of the sound was better.

danielgk

• AVA engineer/technicion
« Reply #25 on: 31 Jul 2022, 09:40 pm »
We had a 3 channel Synergy for a while...nobody bought it.  MAYBE a couple units in as many years.  No where near the interest needed for the product to make financial sense.  You can buy three M225 mono-blocks, some people have done that (I think).

As for 12v trigger, same answer...very low interest and high cost to implement.  You can accomplish the same goal with a remote control outlet at a fraction of the cost it would take us to implement it.  This is the one Frank has, and its on sale now for under $13:
https://www.amazon.com/DEWENWILS-Wireless-Weatherproof-Electrical-Grounded/dp/B077Q78LSJ/ref=sr_1_22?crid=2S3RN7FWKQK0F&keywords=remote+control+outlet&qid=1659302863&sprefix=remote+control+outlet%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-22

Dan