august meet

TheChairGuy

Re: august meet
« Reply #40 on: 6 Aug 2007, 10:56 pm »
Sorry Tuan - I'm def out. With family (not at all unhappy about it, either) on that date.

John

Sonny

« Reply #41 on: 6 Aug 2007, 11:05 pm »
Sorry Tuan - I'm def out. With family (not at all unhappy about it, either) on that date.

John
John, thanks for getting back to me...
I think there will be another one in early October, which will feature Norvinz products, the MS2 Turntable and the Cyber 800 Mono Amps as well as the Cyber 222 preamps...
I will keep everyone abreast.
Also, Vinh Vu, the owner of Norvinz and Ginko Audio will also be there.
T

RAW

« Reply #42 on: 6 Aug 2007, 11:40 pm »
Great Bill...
Hey, will you be getting the HT3s from Al?
Have you got them?
If so, how do they sound compared to the Maggies?
Thanks
T

Guy's I am sending the OB2X not the HT3 to Bill at the end of this week.
Nothing special on the cabinets, these are plain nothing on the at all.We have done this on the Ob2X to stop some damage from people just not packaging our demo speakers correctly.

Once you guy's have them they will be off to the East coast for the NY rave in Sept.

Hope you enjoy these OB2X.

Sonny

« Reply #43 on: 9 Aug 2007, 05:08 pm »
Ok, a week or so away...
We have Bill and Gary...
Any others???
Bill may bring the OB5 that AL sold him...
If you are attending, please PM me and I'll give you my addy.
Thanks

Berndt

« Reply #44 on: 9 Aug 2007, 09:36 pm »
justa FYI, Al is sending the OB5's on a demo tour of the AC audio raves. (I didn't buy them, yet 8) )

RAW

« Reply #45 on: 9 Aug 2007, 10:20 pm »
justa FYI, Al is sending the OB5's on a demo tour of the AC audio raves. (I didn't buy them, yet 8) )

Man guy's lets get this correct.
I am sending the OB2X I have nothing to do with any OB5.
 :thumb:

Sonny

« Reply #46 on: 9 Aug 2007, 10:40 pm »

Man guy's lets get this correct.
I am sending the OB2X I have nothing to do with any OB5.
 :thumb:

Sorry Al, just that lots of these OB are so similar... :duh:
It's the OB2X~!!!!

RAW

« Reply #47 on: 9 Aug 2007, 10:46 pm »
 :green:

That is it. :thumb:

Sonny

« Reply #48 on: 10 Aug 2007, 01:25 am »
The 18th is better for me also, but I still don't have a kitchen pass  :oops:

Yeah I admit it, whupped and lovin it  aa

Richard

Richard,
hm...wondering if you received that "pass" yet??? :green:

R_burke

« Reply #49 on: 10 Aug 2007, 02:16 pm »
Yeah, got the pass, now all I have to worry about is a potential business trip  :evil:

I will know for sure on Monday.  If I can make it, do you still want me to bring the Shanling?

Sonny

« Reply #50 on: 10 Aug 2007, 03:44 pm »
Yeah, got the pass, now all I have to worry about is a potential business trip  :evil:

I will know for sure on Monday.  If I can make it, do you still want me to bring the Shanling?

Yes...that would be great!  I would like to hear the Shanling and a/b it with my Marantz...
Hope you can make it...let me know and I'll send you my address.

GBB

« Reply #51 on: 12 Aug 2007, 03:33 pm »
Ok, a week or so away...
We have Bill and Gary...

Sonny,
Just checking in to confirm that I'll be there on Saturday.  Please send directions when you get a chance.

Are you settling in on a theme?  Do you want folks to bring any type of equipment in particular or just hang out and enjoy what you have?

---Gary

Sonny

« Reply #52 on: 12 Aug 2007, 04:17 pm »
Ok, a week or so away...
We have Bill and Gary...

Sonny,
Just checking in to confirm that I'll be there on Saturday.  Please send directions when you get a chance.

Are you settling in on a theme?  Do you want folks to bring any type of equipment in particular or just hang out and enjoy what you have?

---Gary

Gary,
well, it's up to the group, though a small group.  So far it's Bill, You and myself. Rob and Richard my make it, but I don't know. 

Bill, will you be bring the OB2X from Al?

I was thinking that we just actually listen and enjoy music for once...lots of meetings I go to, there's a lot of a/b ing...and it gets in the way...I would ask that you guys bring MUSIC!!! and if Richard likes to bring the Shanling and Bill the OB2X, that would be fun.

Thanks
Tuan 

Berndt

« Reply #53 on: 12 Aug 2007, 04:20 pm »
I'll be bringing the afore mentioned speakers and the innersound esl II amp.
Any thoughts for some grub?
Regards, Bill

Sonny

« Reply #54 on: 12 Aug 2007, 05:46 pm »
Grub???
Well, hm...
I can make some chilli or paella or something that will go over rice...
will that work?  Then, if anyone wants to bring something, that would be great!
I can get some beer from costco unless someone has some of that great homebrew we had last time...
T

R_burke

« Reply #55 on: 12 Aug 2007, 11:14 pm »
Grub???
Well, hm...
I can get some beer from costco unless someone has some of that great homebrew we had last time...
T

That would be Boulder Creek Brewery  :D and assuming I can be there, I will bring some.  I for one really like the idea of making this more of a listening experience, and I will bring plenty of tunes.

Richard

Sonny

« Reply #56 on: 13 Aug 2007, 02:35 am »
Grub???
Well, hm...
T

That would be Boulder Creek Brewery  :D and assuming I can be there, I will bring some.  I for one really like the idea of making this more of a listening experience, and I will bring plenty of tunes.

Richard

Richard, just let me know when you know you can make it....
Looking forward to it!

Sonny

« Reply #57 on: 13 Aug 2007, 04:32 pm »
All, I think the menu will be either:

1 - A chilli to keep up the theme of the NorCal meetings or
2 - A carnitas / type dish to go over rice / tortillas to celebrate the regions influence from the south...

Any perferences??? 
I know there are right now,Bill, Gary and myself.  Possibly Rob and Richard too!
I propose a later start time, if that is ok with everyone, say around 3 and we can go til 8 or so???
That'll get us into dinner time, etc...

If you like to bring something to add to the food, please let me know...Otherwise, bring music!!!

Bill, could you bring a set of Speaker cables so that we can try the OB2X???

Thanks
T

GBB

« Reply #58 on: 14 Aug 2007, 02:14 am »
All, I think the menu will be either:

1 - A chilli to keep up the theme of the NorCal meetings or
2 - A carnitas / type dish to go over rice / tortillas to celebrate the regions influence from the south...

Any preferences??? 

If you like to bring something to add to the food, please let me know...Otherwise, bring music!!!

Bill, could you bring a set of Speaker cables so that we can try the OB2X???

Thanks
T

T,
No preference on the chili vs. carnitas.
I'd be glad to bring some wine if you want.  It'll be red wine unless people strongly object.
And I could bring some speaker cables if you need some extras. 

BTW - hate to be an equipment geek but have any of you ever tried some good power conditioning?  I've got a pretty good conditioner if anyone is interesting in hearing what it does.

---Gary

Sonny

« Reply #59 on: 14 Aug 2007, 03:08 pm »
T,
No preference on the chili vs. carnitas.
I'd be glad to bring some wine if you want.  It'll be red wine unless people strongly object.
And I could bring some speaker cables if you need some extras. 

BTW - hate to be an equipment geek but have any of you ever tried some good power conditioning?  I've got a pretty good conditioner if anyone is interesting in hearing what it does.

---Gary
[/quote]

Gary...I am currently using the powervar 1200 on my preamps and source components, and it works for me...I have not tried other conditioners.
T