promitheus audio passive preamp

southall-1998

promitheus audio passive preamp
« on: 8 Nov 2009, 05:41 pm »
Hi, I'm new to this site.

I've just had a promitheus audio passive preamp (standard version, not new) for a couple of days now. I bought it 2nd hand from a seller from another hifi forum site.

Just wondering, when you are connecting your source (CD player) to the inputs at the back of TVC preamp. Do you have to ''reverse'' the input connections on this particular passive preamp? Black=Red, Red=Black.

This is what I have done, and every thing sounds right. The left and right channels work equally, no imbalance

Any advice welcome.

Shane.

Mike B.

Re: promitheus audio passive preamp
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2009, 06:48 pm »
sounds like you just reversed the channels? So you put the left signal from your source into the right channel in? I didn't do that with my unit, but there is nothing wrong with that configuration. Many older preamps did have that feature incorporated via a switch.

southall-1998

Re: promitheus audio passive preamp
« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2009, 03:55 pm »
Never mind my silly question, sorted it out.

Anyway, I think this promitheus audio passive preamp sounds bloody wonderful. I'm at the moment using it on my father's system, and I have to say the results are amazing. I think this promitheus sounds better than my father's current preamp, which is a Musical Fidelity A308CR preamp.