New York Audio Show

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
New York Audio Show
« on: 9 Sep 2014, 11:36 pm »
If you're planning on attending the upcoming New York Audio Show later this month (Sept/2014), I invite you to stop in and meet our partners at Bright Audio who will be exhibiting our new LDRx Passive Preamp along with some very nice gear from other manufacturers.

Located in the dynamic East Village area of Manhattan, Bright Audio has a unique showroom and offers full service high end audio including installation services to the New York City market.

http://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow/2014

http://www.brighthometheater.com/

sfox7076

Re: New York Audio Show
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2014, 11:55 pm »
Alphabet City is now dynamic.  Says a lot about NYC's resurgence.  I am on the fence on going to the show.  It's a 10 minute walk from my apartment, but the cost to get in is really high.  That said, its the only opportunity to hear a lot of these products.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2014, 01:17 pm »
Alphabet City is now dynamic.  Says a lot about NYC's resurgence.  I am on the fence on going to the show.  It's a 10 minute walk from my apartment, but the cost to get in is really high.  That said, its the only opportunity to hear a lot of these products.

I believe "dynamic" has become the more positive way of saying gentrification. ;)

Your comment prompted me to check the show's website. 1 day pass $23. 3 day pass $45. By NYC standards this is surprisingly cheap. As with most audio shows the visitor fees to get in are low. It's when you try to rent exhibitor space that the raping and pillaging begins in earnest.

sfox7076

« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2014, 12:53 am »
Having lived here my whole life, I am not sure I agree that the $23 is cheap.  Pier Show for antiques is cheaper.  I don't know.  We will see if I make it.

Bemopti123

« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2014, 01:30 am »
As with most audio shows the visitor fees to get in are low. It's when you try to rent exhibitor space that the raping and pillaging begins in earnest.

The Vikings are coming!  Sorry, they came and they are here to stay.  Welcome to the post 2008 crisis NYC, where millionaires are poor and the new rich is to have hundreds of millions.   :thumb:

SwedeSound

« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2014, 03:01 am »
The cost is "really high?" Huh. What are you paying for rent? Gas? Anything? I think that is a reasonable price for an audio show here or the Midwest, West Coast, Antarctica or Australia. It's a great event. And doors away. Go. It's less than two cocktails in our fine city.  Wink2

sfox7076

« Reply #6 on: 11 Sep 2014, 03:10 am »
Guess I am cheap.  I don't own a car, so I don't sped anything on gas.  My mortgage is higher than most I imagine...  This is 9 subway rides, two glasses of cheapish wine, or 2/3 of a cab ride home from work. 

Randy

« Reply #7 on: 12 Sep 2014, 08:19 pm »
The Rocky Mountain Audio Fest charges $10 for a one-day pass. That seems more reasonable to me for a few hours of window shopping. But as Morten says, there are "New York standards."

ltr317

« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2014, 05:40 am »
Guess I am cheap.  I don't own a car, so I don't sped anything on gas.  My mortgage is higher than most I imagine...  This is 9 subway rides, two glasses of cheapish wine, or 2/3 of a cab ride home from work.

Guess what, the cost of public transportation, taxi fares, gasoline, food, rent, co-op/condo maintenance and everything else have gone up in NYC and just about everywhere else.  Sounds like you're still living in the 1980s or 1990s.  Time to face reality if you want to attend the show, or just stay home, play some music and read about the show online if you want to save some money.   

sfox7076

« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2014, 02:37 pm »
I was cheap in the 80s and 90s too.  Childhood through college I was cheap.