is anybody using (or have tried) a Vinnie Rossi LIO DHT with the X5's

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
I am thinking about getting back into audio and of course that would mean a possible upgrade to my current system (no changes the past 5 years - see a pic below).

The area where I think I can make the biggest improvement is going from Clayton's very good M3 Turbo S speakers to X5's.

I would really like to continue to use my Vinnie Rossi LIO DHT integrated amp with the X5's - has anybody tried or is using this combo?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

George

Mr. Big

I think with the design of the X5's your current gear would be a great match. The X5 is quite efficient. Call Clayton he'll let you know.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
I think with the design of the X5's your current gear would be a great match. The X5 is quite efficient. Call Clayton he'll let you know.

Thanks...I have the Clayton angle covered.   :green:

Looking to see if anybody out there has feedback/experience.

George

TomS

Never had them at the same time, but the X5's would certainly be an easy load for the LIO amp, if you're using that module. DHT pre would add just the right amount of special sauce, just bear in mind the X5's are very efficient so any baseline noise will be there too. Of course there is always the VR L2i-SE  :green:

tme110

I'm sure there's a rather substantial number of spatials being powered by LIO amps.  Clayton has a LIO.  Vinnie used to show with either Spatial or Harbeths.  I've used a LIO with M3's and X1's and the L2-SE with X1's.  I dont think the exact version really matters - it's a good match.