Experience with Omega 3 and Sonos Amp/Connect:Amp

OmahawkSCM

Experience with Omega 3 and Sonos Amp/Connect:Amp
« on: 6 May 2021, 04:21 pm »
Hello, I have been thoroughly enjoying Omega 3 with Rhythmic F12 for many years. I have used a Yamaha 501 solid state to good results and, most recently, a Musical Parade MP-301 to wonderful results. As is the case with having a family, sacrifices must be made. As of right now, I haven't been using the 2 channel system as it is downstairs and I just don't get time to enjoy it. I am toying with the idea of buying a Sonos Amp,   connecting it via hdmi arc to my upstairs tv, and then connecting my Omega and Rhythmic to it. I know it prob won't sound as good as with tubes. However, has anyone used the Sonos to power their Omegas? Is it a mismatch?

Side note: I realize that I can just get a port to send to my tube amp for $200 less. I am REALLY trying to simplify, at least, for now. Also, since will be connecte3d to the HDMI arc for tv audio, I wouldn't want to have to fire up the tube amp every time I wanted to watch a little tv.

Another note: I already have a Sonos 5.1 system, 2 more Sonos Ones, and a Sonos Roam in operation.

tl;dr Does the Sonos Amp work well with Omega 3?

Thanks,

Scott

Doody

• Troublemaker
Re: Experience with Omega 3 and Sonos Amp/Connect:Amp
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2021, 06:39 pm »
I've played with every SONOS product over the last 8 years or so, but never the AMP. I cannot imagine that it wouldn't work well given the efficiency of the Omegas. I can't imagine it's anything but a "good" amp though - just solid stuff - nothing special/magical/exceptional.

Good luck and let us know here if you try it out!

Doody