ST of the Month/Week/Day

Big Red Machine

Re: ST of the Month/Week/Day
« Reply #40 on: 2 Nov 2008, 04:15 pm »
The SongTower's of the week are Milacqua's (from AVS) SongTower QWT's finished in American curly Walnut with a tint darker than natural.

For some reason I cannot see these photos when posted here on AC.  Can everyone else view them?

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #41 on: 2 Nov 2008, 04:30 pm »
I can see them fine

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #42 on: 2 Nov 2008, 04:46 pm »
Just little boxes with red x's, here...   :|

Jerry

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #43 on: 2 Nov 2008, 04:55 pm »
Just little boxes with red x's, here...   :|

Jerry

Same here.  Those aren't the cabinet plans I sent Jim.  Even if it's the top view. 

Nuance

« Reply #44 on: 2 Nov 2008, 08:12 pm »
Oh...the pics were taken from AVS.  You probably have to be signed into over there to see them here.

How do you attach pics here on Audiocircle? 

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #45 on: 2 Nov 2008, 11:45 pm »
I can see the photos without any problem.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #46 on: 3 Nov 2008, 02:00 am »
Oh...the pics were taken from AVS.  You probably have to be signed into over there to see them here.

The pics have to be hosted somewhere.  But I don't think you can refer to them here form there for some of our browser apps.  SO whatever link you originally used to post on AVS has to be used here or you could put them in your gallery here first.  Certainly I can go to AVS and hunt them down, but that's like mouse work and all!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #47 on: 3 Nov 2008, 02:15 am »

You can take any picture from AVS and and paste them at www.photobucket.com (after opening and account of course). Then get your http from them,,, otherwise this photo problem will continue.

FWIW, I don't see them and I'm not signing onto AVS everytime just to see them. :dunno:

Cheers,
Robin

Nuance

« Reply #48 on: 7 Nov 2008, 11:06 pm »

You can take any picture from AVS and and paste them at www.photobucket.com (after opening and account of course). Then get your http from them,,, otherwise this photo problem will continue.

FWIW, I don't see them and I'm not signing onto AVS everytime just to see them. :dunno:

Cheers,
Robin
Done.  You should be able to see them now.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #49 on: 7 Nov 2008, 11:14 pm »
Thataboy Nuance,,, now you're cooking ST's!. :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #50 on: 10 Nov 2008, 10:18 pm »
The SongTower of the week is Idiotic's (from AVS) pair of Cherry SongTower QWT's

Source:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=13845271&postcount=813

sfox7076

« Reply #51 on: 14 Nov 2008, 08:20 pm »
Sigh.  Day 37 on my SongTower wait...  Yeah, that's not that long, but it seems like forever...  Hopefully I will get some info as to ETA soon.

Shawn

fishinbob

« Reply #52 on: 14 Nov 2008, 08:49 pm »
Sigh.  Day 37 on my SongTower wait...  Yeah, that's not that long, but it seems like forever...  Hopefully I will get some info as to ETA soon.

Shawn
Day 44, I believe, for my RTs..... getting their final coat today  :thumb: and mine are in satin black which is among the easiest and of course least expensive to produce.  I think Jim has a lot going on these days.
We're not quite through with the final finished appearance yet and Jim has kindly agreed to send some pics for my decision. Hopefully they will be ready by the end of next week  :hyper:

Hang in there.

Bob

Nuance

« Reply #53 on: 18 Nov 2008, 02:59 pm »
Hang in there, fellas.  The wait will be worth it!   :thumb:

I look forward to seeing pics of both pairs.  Please post them here and at the AVS owner's thread. 

rydenfan

« Reply #54 on: 18 Nov 2008, 03:38 pm »
Hang in there, fellas.  The wait will be worth it!   :thumb:

I look forward to seeing pics of both pairs.  Please post them here and at the AVS owner's thread. 

Nuance, great to see you  :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #55 on: 18 Nov 2008, 08:41 pm »
:D  You as well, Rydenfan. 

fdas

« Reply #56 on: 19 Nov 2008, 10:13 pm »
I was hoping someone had pictures of the SongTowers with a quarter sawn oak finish.  It is my favorite wood and I'm leaning towards spring for a few extra bucks to get the finish and veneer that I want.

petertweeter

« Reply #57 on: 21 Nov 2008, 08:15 am »
Hi Salk folks,
I have a pair of SongTower RT's in what is supposed to be a very nice Pelin burl waiting to be unpacked. What seems odd to me is how the way smaller box with the plinths took a less direct route and won't arrive until tomorrow. I'm leaving the towers sealed until the plinths arrive so as to not take any chances on leaving them precariously balanced for a few hours while I admire them. There would also be the unbearable temptation to actually insert power and grin at the the music in the music that I never noticed before. Acquiring the SongTowers was a direct result of needing a new sub woofer and discovering GRAIGSUB!!! From there it was Nuance's excellent adventure to Craigsub's for an under $2000.00 speaker  comparison extravaganza. He went home with Rockets, but something about the SongTowers resonated (ha) with him enough to start a Salk Sound thread. For over a year I've lurked and read owners glowing post's, and nothing but flattering reviews. The addition of the ribbon tweeter commenced a hard sell with my wife that ultimately resulted in my new SongTowers. After the plinths arrive tomorrow, if I can figure out how to do it, I will send pictures. Sometime after that I will send impressions. Like a kid on Christmas  with a huge box under the tree, the late arriving plinths may cause a fitful nights sleep. A disclaimer: this is my first post so I hope it uploads like it's supposed to.

petertweeter

« Reply #58 on: 21 Nov 2008, 08:26 am »
It pretty much uploaded right except it was supposed to have an "eve" after the Christmas.

fluke242

« Reply #59 on: 21 Nov 2008, 05:01 pm »
Hi Salk folks,
I have a pair of SongTower RT's in what is supposed to be a very nice Pelin burl waiting to be unpacked. What seems odd to me is how the way smaller box with the plinths took a less direct route and won't arrive until tomorrow. I'm leaving the towers sealed until the plinths arrive so as to not take any chances on leaving them precariously balanced for a few hours while I admire them.

:o How can you have such control and wait for the plinths?!   Congrats on your new speakers - please post pics.   :D

I also followed a similiar path to my HT2's.  Over a year of reading and drooling over Jim's speakers.  Purchased with out audition and VERY happy.