Name this open baffle speaker

godawgs5

Re: Name this open baffle speaker
« Reply #120 on: 5 May 2008, 08:02 pm »
"Abierto" -- which means "open" in Spanish.

Or "Sesame" -- as in "open sesame"

Yeah I like the Aperto that I had mentioned in my first post in this thread - its Italian for "open" - I think either of these are nice names.

Yeah I like the "Aperto" that I had mentioned in my first post in this thread - its Italian for "open" - I think either of those are nice

shortspark

« Reply #121 on: 5 May 2008, 09:27 pm »

Yeah I like the Aperto that I had mentioned in my first post in this thread - its Italian for "open" - I think either of these are nice names.

Yeah I like the "Aperto" that I had mentioned in my first post in this thread - its Italian for "open" - I think either of those are nice

I agree, "Aperto" is pretty good especially since my parents were born and raised in Italy and I have visited there several times.  I love the sound of Italian.  These speakers do not look "American" for sure.  These speakers are unique, at least in looks, with an exotic yet conservative, classy flair to them.  Some "exotic" name like from the South Pacific or Caribbean would not fit but something European would.  I like the French "Le Reve".  This means "The Dream" and is a well known term from an artistic and musical standpoint.  According to Wikipedia, Picasso painted "Le Reve", Zola wrote a novel by that name and, since I just returned from a trip to Vegas, there is a "Le Reve" show playing at the Wynn.  I also know that a famous tenor aria from Massenet's opera "Manon" is known as "Le Reve".  The dream.  Maybe it is a dream come true for Jim.  But I bet this speaker will be a dream come true for the lucky owners.

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
« Reply #122 on: 5 May 2008, 09:35 pm »
How about Salk Karma for the incredible impression they made showgoers this past weekend at the AK Fest?   :thumb:

jhm731

« Reply #123 on: 5 May 2008, 10:00 pm »
Imiloa- derived from the Hawaiian word for “explorer” or “seeker of profound truth.”

or

The highest stratum of "space," lewa, is the lewa lani

Big Red Machine

« Reply #124 on: 5 May 2008, 10:38 pm »
I like Imiloa and Kharma

Legendlime

« Reply #125 on: 6 May 2008, 07:43 am »
Thanks for putting that list together.
You missed Gateway
and Open Gateway

...but what about Salk Kahuna
Kahuna means priest but can mean sorcerer
The Big Kahuna, that's right

bigjp

« Reply #126 on: 6 May 2008, 01:09 pm »
My first thought was “Air”, but that is already taken, so how about these….

“Malibu Stacy” (for the Simpsons fans….the design of this doll was changed after some kid poked her eye out….use your imagination as they are “pointy”)

“Salk Buy One Get One Free” (just thinking out loud here guys)

I’m not creative, but I thought I’d give it a shot.  Now I’ll just wait for my SongTowers to be finished.

Joking aside I like “WindSong” and “Portal” equally the best.

Toka

« Reply #127 on: 7 May 2008, 01:30 am »
I'm digging 'Portal' as well...

Big Red Machine

« Reply #128 on: 7 May 2008, 03:37 am »
How about Salk Karma for the incredible impression they made showgoers this past weekend at the AK Fest?   :thumb:

karma or karman (kär`mə, kär`mən), [Skt.,=action, work, or ritual], basic concept common to Hinduism Hinduism (hin`d
..... Click the link for more information. , Buddhism Buddhism (bd`ĭzəm), religion and philosophy founded in India c.525 B.
..... Click the link for more information. , and Jainism Jainism (jī`nĭzəm) [i.e., the religion of Jina], religious system of India practiced by about 5,000,000 persons.
..... Click the link for more information. . The doctrine of karma states that one's state in this life is a result of actions (both physical and mental) in past incarnations, and action in this life can determine one's destiny in future incarnations. Karma is a natural, impersonal law of moral cause and effect and has no connection with the idea of a supreme power that decrees punishment or forgiveness of sins.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #129 on: 7 May 2008, 03:39 am »
I'm digging 'Portal' as well...

Main Entry: 1por·tal 
Pronunciation: \ˈpȯr-təl\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Medieval Latin portale city gate, porch, from neuter of portalis of a gate, from Latin porta gate — more at port
Date: 14th century
1: door, entrance; especially : a grand or imposing one
2: the whole architectural composition surrounding and including the doorways and porches of a church
3: the approach or entrance to a bridge or tunnel
4: a communicating part or area of an organism; specifically : the point at which something (as a pathogen) enters the body
5: a site serving as a guide or point of entry to the World Wide Web and usually including a search engine or a collection of links to other sites arranged especially by topic

Nuance

« Reply #130 on: 8 May 2008, 03:22 am »
How about combining the "clarity" name with "portal's?"  They could be called the Clarity Portal's.  Clarity is the line and Portal's is the speaker design.   aa

« Last Edit: 12 May 2008, 05:01 pm by Nuance »

bigjp

« Reply #131 on: 8 May 2008, 12:43 pm »
Nuance, you should get some points just for your super cute little girl.  One of these days I'll not be so lazy and get my girls as an avatar.  They are little cuties too. :D

clipped

« Reply #132 on: 9 May 2008, 04:08 pm »
Hello,
I have a new pair of HT3's on Long Island, N.Y., if you need to give a listen let me know.
Geo.

Nuance

« Reply #133 on: 9 May 2008, 04:20 pm »
Nuance, you should get some points just for your super cute little girl.  One of these days I'll not be so lazy and get my girls as an avatar.  They are little cuties too. :D
:D  Thanks a lot, bigjp.  She's the best thing that's ever happened to me. 

Wayner

« Reply #134 on: 9 May 2008, 06:02 pm »
Here's my 2 cents worth of names:

Salk Pleasuredome

Salk Avalon

Salk Harp

Salk Oberon

Salk Arrival

Wayner

Big Red Machine

« Reply #135 on: 9 May 2008, 06:28 pm »
Here's my 2 cents worth of names:

Salk Pleasuredome

Salk Avalon

Salk Harp

Salk Oberon

Salk Arrival

Wayner

I'm not keen on Wayner! :green:

Airborn

« Reply #136 on: 9 May 2008, 06:39 pm »
How about "Open Wayner"  :lol:

rockadanny

« Reply #137 on: 9 May 2008, 06:39 pm »
Surfboards ... yeah. Hey Jim, can you surf those 4' chops on Lake St. Clair? So how about a few obvious possibilities:

SALK SURFERS (Catch a soundwave)
HANG THREE

funkmonkey

« Reply #138 on: 10 May 2008, 10:05 pm »
Salk EOB         (efficient open baffle)
Salk Shredder  (surfspeak for a nimble rider, or a short board)
Salk Solution
Salk Epiphany

I apologize if any of these are duplicate suggestions.

Cheers
-Funk

groovybassist

« Reply #139 on: 10 May 2008, 10:33 pm »
I'm digging "Legend".

-Mike