Just havin' fun..

booda

Just havin' fun..
« on: 7 Jan 2003, 01:46 pm »
A recent purchase of a NAD 533 and parasound phono have peaked my interest in the vinyl world.  My fisrt spin (Pearl Jam Riot Act) was a jaw dropping experience.    From left to right I could distinguish each musician.  The cd version wasn't horrible, but the LP was much richer in detail and pleasing to my ears.  

Anyways, since the tt has been hooked up, I haven't used my cd 1.  Although the digital selection won't be eliminated (mostly due to my musical preferences that aren't on vinyl).  

Just some ramblings from a newbie.

nature boy

Just havin' fun..
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2003, 12:03 am »
Booda, congrats on your NAD 533 its a great table.  I rediscovered my 250+ album collection in some stored boxes about a year ago, had some major cleaning sessions with Disc Doctor products, but found my old thorens 318mkII turntable I purchased back in 1985 a bit lacking in detail.  Just upgraded recently to a Nottingham Interspace turntable and have listened to two or three CD's since then.

My only problem is that I have turned into an absolute vinyl junkie, scouring local thrift stores, e-bay, and used record stores to build my collection.  This stuff is definitely addictive.

Happy vinyl listening and maybe hunting?

NB

nathanm

Just havin' fun..
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2003, 04:11 pm »
"piqued"

booda

Just havin' fun..
« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2003, 08:56 pm »
nature boy,  the nottingham tt's are incredible to look at, and I imagine sound even better.  Scouring e-bay is addicting.  Right now trying to grab as much vinyl as possible.   :D

nathan,  what the heck is "piqued"?   :?

nathanm

Just havin' fun..
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jan 2003, 05:43 pm »
The correct spelling of "peaked" in that instance.  :)