2011 Formula 1 season started this weekend

ltr317

Re: 2011 Formula 1 season started this weekend
« Reply #20 on: 28 Mar 2011, 02:28 am »
I think Vettel could run away with the championship, but it looks like it's going to be another good season!  I'm rooting for Petrov, the Russian driver!

Well, he's off to a good start with a third place finish.  Too bad Kubica injured himself rallying in the F1 off season.  I think he would have given a hard time to Vettel and Hamilton since the Renault seemed to have good pace in Australia. 

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
Re: 2011 Formula 1 season started this weekend
« Reply #21 on: 28 Mar 2011, 02:54 am »
Very good race and what a fast track for a combo street/race track. I don't recall seeing such a fast track and its a shame it may not be around next year. I believe Vettel averaged over 140 mph. Vettel's qualifying time was a full second faster than last year and he never used the KERS system. Halfway thru the 1st lap he was 2.5 seconds ahead of Hamilton. By the end, he was over 3! He's going to be hard to beat this year. As for Petrov, I'm happy he made the adjustment from last year and the fact that he held off Alonzo made me smile. And that qualifying within 107% makes things interesting but I can see where a lot of those left out will feel cheated. As for the Pirelli's, those tires are hard and marble quickly making for a lot of wheel lock ups and flat spots and tire changes, which, I heard, is what they want. Should make for an interesting season.