New crossovers for Onix Reference 1's

emac

New crossovers for Onix Reference 1's
« on: 10 Jul 2008, 02:30 pm »
I recently finished installing the Danny Richie designed crossovers (aka Ninja crossovers) for the Reference 1's.  Seem to be an improvement over the original crossovers, addressing the prior weaknesses of brightness and being too clinical. 

But, Danny, since I don't remember hearing any of your thoughts about this crossover, I figured I'd ask.  Are you happy with the results?  How do these stack up against some of your other designs?  Etc...

Thanks. 

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Re: New crossovers for Onix Reference 1's
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2008, 03:22 pm »
But, Danny, since I don't remember hearing any of your thoughts about this crossover, I figured I'd ask.  Are you happy with the results?

Yea, I am pretty happy with what I was able to do with it and with the results. There were quite a few issues that were corrected, and overall it is a really good speaker now.

How do these stack up against some of your other designs?  Etc...

As far as mini-monitors go that I have worked on I'd say that these fall somewhere in the middle or near the top of the middle.

emac

Re: New crossovers for Onix Reference 1's
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2008, 03:39 pm »
Yea, I am pretty happy with what I was able to do with it and with the results. There were quite a few issues that were corrected, and overall it is a really good speaker now.

How do these stack up against some of your other designs?  Etc...

As far as mini-monitors go that I have worked on I'd say that these fall somewhere in the middle or near the top of the middle.

Thanks for the thoughts and for your work, Danny.  The Refs are a much better speaker with the new crossovers. 

It's interesting that they are only in the middle of what you've worked on.  I'll really have to consider the Neo 1-X or 2-X at some point then.