Hello from Wisconsin

Mindless Drone

Hello from Wisconsin
« on: 19 Jan 2023, 02:36 am »
Hello my name is Justin, I live in Wisconsin in the US.  No its not actually very cold here!  It used to be cold but not lately!   Anyway I have been an Audiophile since the 90s when I picked up an issue of Stereophile and Audio Video Interiors at an airport and had my mind blown of what was out there.  I have not stopped changing, adapting and learning since then.  Looking forward to getting to know the community! 

For equipment I have an Audio Research LS5 MKIII pre, with Odyssey Kismet Mono blocks that are running JM Lab/Focal Mini Utopia's.  For sources I have a CD transport and then my true love, my SOTA Sapphire VI turntable, with Audiomods custom tone arm, and a Dynavector 17D2 MK2 Stylus.  My AR and one of my Kismets was taken out in a recent power surge and I built my backup system which is a NAD M12 and M23, however the Mini Utopia's with the M23 is murder on the ears.  I listen to Jazz and a trumpet will melt your ears so I am going to grab a pair of GR Research X-LS Encores to go with the NAD setup.  So given that I love Odyssey and what GR is doing you can probably figure out why I am here!   

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2023, 02:43 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2023, 04:30 am »
welcome!  which audiomods tonearm do you have?

Mindless Drone

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2023, 01:46 pm »
welcome!  which audiomods tonearm do you have?

I have the chrome version of the series 6.  Quite a nice and versatile tonearm. 

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2023, 02:06 pm »
Welcome!

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2023, 04:19 pm »
Welcome neighbor.  I live in Woodbury, MN.  Just west of Hudson WI.  Nice gear you have there.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2023, 02:40 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Justin   :thumb: Give it time sir, it will be cold again.  :wink:

Streamer

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2023, 08:09 am »
Hello my name is Justin, I live in Wisconsin in the US.

For equipment I have an Audio Research LS5 MKIII pre, with Odyssey Kismet Mono blocks that are running JM Lab/Focal Mini Utopia's.  For sources I have a CD transport and then my true love, my SOTA Sapphire VI turntable, with Audiomods custom tone arm, and a Dynavector 17D2 MK2 Stylus. 

Does it have the vacuum? The first time I saw and heard a Sota was in Hiroshima in 1985…just down the street from my coffee shop.
Audible Illusion Pre. Quick Silver Power hooked up to Martin Logans. Wow! What a setup.