Spark still recommended by Zerofidelity (link)

cipriano

Spark still recommended by Zerofidelity (link)
« on: 18 Mar 2020, 08:34 pm »
From just a few days ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A4GZDDmME7o

He does add the caveat of it's power limitations, so careful speaker matching is needed. Redbook has never sounded so good for me. I have a Decware Zbox in between the CD player and the Spark. Wow, it sounds good!

cipriano

Re: Spark still recommended by Zerofidelity (link)
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2020, 07:29 am »
Here is a picture of the trio in action. Tremendous synergy with my Caintuck Betsy Baffles.

cipriano

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2020, 07:30 am »
I have no idea why the pic is upside down. Tried to fix in gallery, but no dice.

Audiovista

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2020, 02:42 pm »
Nice picture!  :thumb:

And thanks for the heads-up! I'll set some time to listen though the whole video. For now: Spark starts at 22:00.

sunnydaze

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2020, 03:52 pm »
Also, at 33:30 he mentions the Vista phono stage.  His exact words:

"pretty darn stunning for the money...love his stuff"

Congrats Boris, well deserved!    :thumb:

mocean

« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2020, 10:04 pm »
Based on Zero Fidelity's & Steve Guttenberg's reviews I pulled the trigger on the Spark.

Man she is nice but yes speaker matching is required.

On my Klipsch RP-600M's it does very nicely indeed and well into hard rocking level dB's.
On the KEF LS50's not so much. lower listening levels (for me;75-80dB) do sound noticeably better than the 600M's but when a head nodding song comes up, cranking it up doesn't come out so well. The LS50's are just a bit too hard to drive. Fair enough though, it's 20w.

In my current circumstances I can only choose between 130wpc from an Onkyo receiver or 20wpc from the spark.

The Spark's sound quality is so far above the Onkyo I've packed the KEF's away in favour of the enjoyment the Spark's sound quality gives even with the lower SQ 600M's

Granted there are far better choices than an Onkyo receiver but for many the spark is their first dabble into audiophile SQ as it is for me.
OMG what a beautiful introduction for such a reasonable price.

Pretty sure this introduction will now have me broke for the rest of my working life... broke and happy tho!

sunnydaze

« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2020, 01:15 pm »
Welcome to the rabbit hole.    :lol:     :thumb:

feelswatt

« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2020, 04:13 pm »
Quote from: mocean
On my Klipsch RP-600M's it does very nicely indeed and well into hard rocking level dB's.

You're the second person I've heard mention these two pair well. Good to know as I'm very interested in the Spark and I usually listen at relatively low volume levels.