Music Reference

AudioMike

Music Reference
« on: 11 Jun 2023, 10:23 am »
Hi all, are there any RM-200 technical folk here? Im restoring one and have a couple of questions… :-)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Music Reference
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2023, 09:27 pm »
Hi all, are there any RM-200 technical folk here? Im restoring one and have a couple of questions… :-)
Yes there are some tech guys here.

pehare

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2023, 09:38 am »
Try contacting RAM Labs...nice amp good luck.
https://www.ramtubes.com/contact

jjss49

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2023, 07:15 pm »
i have fond memories of my rm9 mk 2, precursor to the rm200... what a lovely amp... though my back hurts thinking about it too...  :icon_lol:

AudioMike

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2023, 07:33 pm »
Unit is now running fine after having reverted some non standard components & replaced a couple of expired caps/resistors - clearly c/o a tweaker(why do people do that?!).

So, wanting to be thorough (and for piece of mind) - there are a second pair of adjustment pots not accessible while the base plate is on. They are close to the audio input but suspect they are not level trimming so don’t want to touch them without a known alignment procedure - does anyone have or know such info?

Thanks

lafish54

« Reply #5 on: 25 Nov 2023, 07:58 pm »
You might reach out to Scott Frankland: https://scottfrankland.com
He was an authorized tech for RAM when Roger was still alive, and is involved with the people working to bring it back. (Stay posted.) Just did some work on my RM200 MK2, and has worked on my gear for years. And a nice guy besides.

RDavidson

« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2023, 10:34 pm »
That’s great news! Thanks for sharing.

lafish54

« Reply #7 on: 27 Nov 2023, 04:19 am »
You’re more than welcome. Listening to mine right now, and it’s lovely. Roger had a reputation for being testy, but I called him up once to buy tubes for a little diy project, and we had a long engaging chat. That’s one reason I own the RM200 Mk2, as well as one of the last 3 Rm10s made before he passed.