Fuses Matter - Need Recommendation for Best With a New Big 7

Labpro

Day 4 of the break-in period on my new Big 7, and the sound just keeps getting better......I mean really good!

Upgraded from Level 4 Gen 4.

I have used AMR (Abbingdon Music Research) gold fuses in my mono SET amps and preamp for years now....and with great success.

I dropped in an AMR fuse into my new Big 7, and even with 8 hours of break-in, they sound horrible. 

The Big 7 comes with a 1.6A fuse, and I dropped in a 2A fuse.......could that be the issue?

What fuses have other Big 7 or GG users had great success with?

Thanks for the feedback.

A_shah

Day 4 of the break-in period on my new Big 7, and the sound just keeps getting better......I mean really good!

Upgraded from Level 4 Gen 4.

I have used AMR (Abbingdon Music Research) gold fuses in my mono SET amps and preamp for years now....and with great success.

I dropped in an AMR fuse into my new Big 7, and even with 8 hours of break-in, they sound horrible. 

The Big 7 comes with a 1.6A fuse, and I dropped in a 2A fuse.......could that be the issue?

What fuses have other Big 7 or GG users had great success with?

Thanks for the feedback.

Try the ahp from Germany on EBay have good results with them, or if you want to go the super expensive way than the Synergistic Blue Fuses, personally I like the Hi- tuning gold and ahp fuses 
Asghar  :thumb:

Labpro

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will definitely do some additional research on those fuses.

Over on the Audiogon site, folks seem to really like the SR Blue Fuses that you recommend.

Gopher

Re: Fuses Matter - Need Recommendation for Best With a New Big 7
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2018, 02:28 pm »
I personally have not liked the sound of Synergistic Research fuses in our DACs.

A customer did send me a hifi tuning fuse to try which I was impressed by.

Other customers have reported good results with the audiomagic beeswax fuses.

Good luck on your fuse rolling. 

Best,

Fred

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2018, 05:36 pm »
I personally have not liked the sound of Synergistic Research fuses in our DACs.

A customer did send me a hifi tuning fuse to try which I was impressed by.

In what respect were you impressed by the Tuning Fuse? Was it the Supreme version or.... ?

Labpro

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2018, 11:34 pm »
Hi Fred,

Thanks for the advice.

I bought a HiFi Tuning Supreme, and will be happy to provide feedback.

It is certainly interesting to combine next gen fuses and digital cables, with 1940's tubes and 50 year old WE power cables.

Mark 

PMC

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2018, 12:08 am »
Fuses for sale

I can find out the rating for interested party's

Rockyboy

« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2018, 01:41 am »
Looking fora 1.6 fuse. What do you have and how much?
John

PMC

« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2018, 09:37 pm »
No 1.6 Amps fuses; Furutech .8 / .5 & 6.3 all three 30mm
Hifi Tuning 6.3 20mm
Audio Majic 4.6 20mm

RDavidson

« Reply #9 on: 27 Aug 2018, 01:58 am »
Furutech. They're well made and UL listed.
Always keep in mind that a fuse's first job is to protect your gear. :wink:

A_shah

Re: Fuses Matter - Audio Magic SHD Beewax Ultimate Fuse
« Reply #10 on: 6 Apr 2019, 11:03 pm »
I am a believer in fuses , like anything else in a good resolving audio system I had some very good German made AHP fuses in my QuickSilver -60 Monoblock amps. pretty happy with them , but a new found friend on AC offered me some Audio Magic SHD Beewax ultimate Fuses , although skeptical I decide to get them , not expecting much plus the fact it takes a break in period  125 hours .
So I took the fuses and placed them in the mono amps and the ahp fuse in the DS -2 preamp
Wooo ! :hyper: right off the bat these were magical ! amazed at not only the clarity but deepness of the sound even the slightest harshness gone ! very impressive !

Lifer

« Reply #11 on: 20 Nov 2019, 09:41 pm »
I have a balanced GG.  I recently changed my fuse to the new Synergistic Orange.  The first thing to know is that the fuse is very directional, I had to reverse it after about 20 minutes of hoping it got better.  But, once it was in the correct way, it sounds very fine.   However, I didn't find as big a change on the Lampi as I did on my PS Audio BHK Preamp.  That also got the Orange and it blossomed. :icon_lol:

wushuliu

« Reply #12 on: 21 Nov 2019, 07:39 am »
Try wrapping the fuse with teflon tape for damping. I prefer the sound of a ceramic fuse. And they're cheap.

kernelbob

« Reply #13 on: 23 Nov 2019, 02:09 am »
Hi all.

Any fuse suggestions specifically for my Pacific DAC and/or True Balanced 211 monoblocks?

Thanks much,
Robert

hi5harry

« Reply #14 on: 3 Mar 2020, 04:00 am »
Here is a question I never thought I would have to ask. How do you open the fuse drawer on the Lampizator Big 7 mk2. I bough an Audiomagic fuse as can't figure out the drawer. Thanks in advance.

topside3

« Reply #15 on: 3 Mar 2020, 05:11 am »
I’ve had both the Synergistic Research Black and Orange fuses in my DAC. The orange had much more detail and better texture.

highstream

« Reply #16 on: 7 Mar 2020, 08:48 pm »
I’ve had both the Synergistic Research Black and Orange fuses in my DAC. The orange had much more detail and better texture.

I have to agree about the Orange. It's much improved over the Blue, which I found unlistenable. It's also more open than the AM Ultimate, although I haven't heard the Ultimate Premier (which I would be careful with, as a one-month old one I had picked up broke on taking it out gently).

azchump

« Reply #17 on: 9 Sep 2021, 11:16 pm »
I had SR orange in my Pacific.  I recently added the QSA yellow and the level of detail and clarity was way better.  I am debating going to the QSA Red fuse.  It is $1400 dollars for a fuse.  All of the rest of my components have QSA yellow and I love the results.

jcbbytes

Fuse amperage for Big 2 mk2
« Reply #18 on: 14 Mar 2022, 07:38 pm »
Have been using a std slo blow 1.6 amp fuses for 5 years with zero issues.
Tried a Synergistic Research Purple fuse and liked the improvement
After 2 weeks, it blew upon turning on

Has anyone else had this problem with SR Purple?

Should I increase to a 2 amp or 2.5 amp slo blow fuse?
Appreciate your feed back

ric

« Reply #19 on: 15 Mar 2022, 02:14 pm »
You might want to try Tweek Geeks Quantum Science Audio fuses. I am using their duplex outlet and highly recommend trying it. They offer two options, no questions asked returns, and if you want to move up to the next level (I did) they send you the upgraded item so you can compare the two before returning the one you don't want.
I am also using SR Orange fuses and think they're great.