Magnum Dynalab FT101A Tuner + FT-R w/REMOTE - PRICE BREAK!

Bostown

• BASS CLUB [Boston Audio Stereo & Social Club]
    • Second Time Sound - Audio Gear Re-Purposed
Magnum Dynalab FT101A FM Tuner + FTR w/ Remote

This tuner has made the rounds in various systems I've played with over the past few years. 1 of several MD tuners that I'll be separating from going into the New Year. This is the most VALUE based unit of the three, and probably more suitable to the AK /BT scene than the others which top the $1K price point

That makes this FT101a ( quirks and all , I'll get to that) a bargain I suppose.
Tuning is solid , condition is good overall, the quirk? meters are frozen - kind of a known issue for MD that they pseudo acknowledge on their site in a round about way.

Lamps are fine too, just no motion ( or very little on one) from the meters while dialing in a station or tuning.
Few of any that I've seen on the market ever include the FT-R Present control box, and Remote. but I have both. ( the control box is rough but works 100% , the metal jacket remote which can double as a lethal weapon and is probably illegal in 49 States , Texas being the outlier) is in great shape.

You can  source replacement meters easy enough from Magnum Dynalab .   
 My ears and the stereo lights told me when a station was tuned in or not so I never bothered.  :)

$490 Shipped  $565 for the bundle. I think the median price on a 101a shipped is $450 +/- ( albeit with working meters, but certainly no FT-R or Remote. I've yet to see one on the market in the past few years)

« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2018, 07:47 pm by Bostown »

Bostown

• BASS CLUB [Boston Audio Stereo & Social Club]
    • Second Time Sound - Audio Gear Re-Purposed
Re: Magnum Dynalab FT101A Tuner + FT-R w/REMOTE - PRICE BREAK!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2018, 07:48 pm »
Price Break!  combo now offered for $490 Shipped.