Baseball playoffs

randytsuch

Baseball playoffs
« on: 2 Oct 2018, 02:44 pm »
Started last night so I thought I would start a thread.

Technically the two games were an extension of the regular season, but they were playoff games to me.

My Dodgers have better bats but worse bullpen than last year, will see how that works out in the playoffs.
For their starting staff, they add Buehler this year, he kind of replaced Darvish from last years playoff rotation, a definite upgrade in my mind.

Should be two good wild card games tonight.

Randy

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Re: Baseball playoffs
« Reply #1 on: 2 Oct 2018, 06:26 pm »
My Dodgers have better bats but worse bullpen than last year, will see how that works out in the playoffs.
For their starting staff, they add Buehler this year, he kind of replaced Darvish from last years playoff rotation, a definite upgrade in my mind.

:thumb:

twitch54

« Reply #2 on: 2 Oct 2018, 07:34 pm »
Started last night so I thought I would start a thread.

Technically the two games were an extension of the regular season, but they were playoff games to me.

Should be two good wild card games tonight.

Randy

Randy, isn't the AL wildcard game tomorrow ?

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 3 Oct 2018, 12:43 am »
AL wildcard is Wednesday.

Go BOMBERS!!!

George

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2018, 01:15 am »
AL wildcard is Wednesday.

Go BOMBERS!!!

George

Absolutely, Go Yanks!

charmerci

« Reply #5 on: 4 Oct 2018, 01:02 am »
I think these wildcard games are ridiculous. 162 games to get into the playoffs - then one game and your done.

randytsuch

« Reply #6 on: 4 Oct 2018, 01:23 pm »
Randy, isn't the AL wildcard game tomorrow ?

Yes, obviously I screwed up   :duh:
They had to stretch them out over two nights.

Sorry for cubbie fans, they couldn't win one of two home games so now they are gone.  I expected better out of them.

And today there really are two games, dodgers braves in the late game.

FireGuy

« Reply #7 on: 4 Oct 2018, 02:47 pm »
Absolutely, Go Yanks!

All Rise!!!!    A beast of a hitter.  And, he's got defense.

sunnydaze

« Reply #8 on: 4 Oct 2018, 06:26 pm »
I think these wildcard games are ridiculous. 162 games to get into the playoffs - then one game and your done.

Very simple......win your division and you're in the payoffs.  The wildcard game involves teams that have not won their division.

Anything can happen in a single game elimination just to make the divisional round, and teams will try to avoid that situation.  It puts an emphasis and premium on winning the division. 

(The WC system also creates more excitement and revenue.)

randytsuch

« Reply #9 on: 5 Oct 2018, 03:03 pm »
Just one game, but Dodgers obviously looking good.
Busy day today, bosox yankees probably the series that will get the most interest.

twitch54

« Reply #10 on: 1 Nov 2019, 05:06 pm »
Congrats to the Nats, hell of a series with the Astros !

two firsts that I know of .........

1st 7 game series where neither team won a home game

1st time where two teams met in the World Series that shared the same complex @ Spring Training (Palm Springs , Fl)

mcgsxr

« Reply #11 on: 1 Nov 2019, 05:13 pm »
I'm not much of a baseball fan, but attend 1-2 Jays games a year here in Toronto.

I checked in on a number of the games during this series.

I was amazed that the Nationals won Game 6.

I was even more amazed when I tuned in during the 6th in Game 7 and saw what happened in the 7th inning.

Congrats indeed to the Nationals, they did a great job!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #12 on: 1 Nov 2019, 05:35 pm »
  Great series for serious baseball fans. Love of the game not any particular team .

charles

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #13 on: 1 Nov 2019, 05:50 pm »
The only baseball I watch is the World Series. This set of games was interesting. One thing I really noticed was the home plate umpire regularly would hand his error in ball/strike to favor the Astros. Several other little dubious calls all favored the Astros... I actually only saw one wrong ball strike call favor the Nats.
SO I am particularly glad.. (though I could care less otherwise) that the Nationals won the Series.