Rythmik plate amp inputs - sound quality

ccomplete

Rythmik plate amp inputs - sound quality
« on: 27 Nov 2019, 08:56 pm »
Do people typically notice a much improved sound quality with the rca line inputs on the rythmik amps? I’m driving them with my Super Vs straight off my 2a3 amp speaker outputs to the high level inputs and get down to 20hz no problem but I’ve seen some people say the line inputs are best and before rewiring the input section of my amps to include a subwoofer output i  thought I’d ask people who have tried both - is it that significant of an improvement?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: Rythmik plate amp inputs - sound quality
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2019, 09:33 pm »
I've also heard people say the high (speaker) level inputs sound better. I've used them both ways and I don't recall a difference but I didn't explicitly A/B them.

Metfit77@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: 4 May 2020, 07:58 pm »
I've seen a video from PS Audio recommending using the high level input. I wanted to try this but I'm unsure about how I would connect the outputs on my amplifier.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 4 May 2020, 08:25 pm »
I've seen a video from PS Audio recommending using the high level input. I wanted to try this but I'm unsure about how I would connect the outputs on my amplifier.

That depends on whether the output of your amplifier is balanced or not. If it's not, you hook it up like you are bi-wiring speakers. If it is balanced, do not hook it up this way. If you do there will be a lot of bright lights and magic smoke loss. Check with the amp's manufacturer first.