Tube Vendors

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Tube Vendors
« Reply #120 on: 11 Oct 2012, 08:49 pm »

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #121 on: 12 Oct 2012, 01:54 am »
Very interesting, but I don't understand your comment on the price. This lot is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my league! There are over 3 full days left on the auction and there's no guarantee that it will reach the reserve. Multiply your figure by a hundred and you'll still fall short. Just consider the 171,000 NOS tubes. If they sold (which would probably take a few years :lol:)at an average net of $20, that would add up to a bit over $3.4M. This auction is going to make eBay (or whichever auction site handles the sale) quite a bundle.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #122 on: 12 Oct 2012, 02:06 am »
I surprised as there was a new bid that up the price to 2,082... :duh:
These tubes are useful only to a tube broker or a tube expert with a good tube tester, which may be the case.

medium jim

« Reply #123 on: 12 Oct 2012, 05:23 am »
Depending on the reserve, could a lucrative opportunity for someone with lots of space to store them and sell them.   

Jim

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #124 on: 12 Oct 2012, 05:54 am »
And alot of time to sell all these tubes and get his money back;

vonnie123

« Reply #125 on: 13 Oct 2012, 03:37 pm »
IMHO, if you are going to have tubed equipment, you would be well served to buy a tube testing device.  I have bought tubes from a few different sources.  It's easy to buy new old stock on-line that "passes," but only marginally. 

stax#1

« Reply #126 on: 16 Dec 2012, 03:12 am »
Hello, I have been a tube guy for the last 15 years and I have had really good luck buying all my NOS tubes from tubemonger.com. Check them out, they seem to have what all everyone is looking for and their service is great. If you have a tube from them and it went bad a year or two after you purchase the tube, they will replace the tube at their cost no questions ask.  David Picarsic   Good Day!

ASMAN

« Reply #127 on: 8 Oct 2013, 08:35 pm »
Brent Jessee is my guy.

I bought a pair of 6SN7 Bad Boys from him.
One went bad a full year later and he volunteered to send me another.
I pointed out to him that I was way past the warranty period and had in excess of 1000 hrs on them.
He still sent me a new one.
Needless to say I was impressed.
He has a good selection of NOS and what seems to be good competitive prices.
Check him out.

rbwalt

« Reply #128 on: 8 Oct 2013, 11:09 pm »
i buy my tubes from music reference/ ram labs. no one tests or matches tubes better than roger as far as i am concerned. give him a try.

Captainhemo

« Reply #129 on: 17 Jan 2014, 10:09 pm »
I know they've been mentioned here before  but here's another   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:  for TC Tubes
All their tubes are tested on the  Amplitrex AT1000 tester, description and test scores clearly labeled on the boxes,  They were very good to deal with, prompt in responding to emails ,  and very quick to ship.  Tubes arrived very well packaged
Best of all,  the tubes sound great, so much so, I  ordered a 2nd pair to keep on hand :)

-jay

Guy 13

« Reply #130 on: 18 Jan 2014, 03:42 am »
I know they've been mentioned here before  but here's another   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:  for TC Tubes
All their tubes are tested on the  Amplitrex AT1000 tester, description and test scores clearly labeled on the boxes,  They were very good to deal with, prompt in responding to emails ,  and very quick to ship.  Tubes arrived very well packaged
Best of all,  the tubes sound great, so much so, I  ordered a 2nd pair to keep on hand :)

-jay
Hi Captainhemo (Jay) and all Audio Circle members.
I bought from tc tubes some NOS tubes,
satisfied with their service, however,
my tubes are at my wife's nephew's house in Seattle
and waiting for a lift from a Vietnamese coming this way.
I am anxious to see (Hear) if the NOS sound better than what I have now (EH, Ruby, Sovtek)

Guy 13

Ericus Rex

« Reply #131 on: 18 Jan 2014, 03:11 pm »
I can also vouch for TC Tube's service.  I've used them for months now.  They've been testing all my NOS tubes, batch by batch, and I've been very happy with their standards and turnaround time.  I've even sent them some singles in order to find matches from within their stocks.  They only charged me the normal $2 to properly test my tube.  No additional fees.  I also contacted another vendor, mentioned in this thread many times, but he wanted an additional $12 per tube to find a match.  I was to be charged for the testing of his own tubes to find a match.  This didn't seem right to me as the testing on the vendor's end should be included in the price of the tube, IMO.  And I also did not feel this vendor's testing devices were as good as TC's Amplitrex...and the tubes themselves were already more expensive than TC's prices.

Guy 13

« Reply #132 on: 11 Feb 2014, 02:10 am »
Jim McShane, great guy, great products.
Hi mcgsxr and all Audio Circle members.
I agree with you, Jim is a great guy, he even knows a few words of French,
unfortunately, I cannot do business with him because of a money  transfer problem.
Too bad.

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #133 on: 11 Feb 2014, 02:19 am »
I can also vouch for TC Tube's service.  I've used them for months now.  They've been testing all my NOS tubes, batch by batch, and I've been very happy with their standards and turnaround time.  I've even sent them some singles in order to find matches from within their stocks.  They only charged me the normal $2 to properly test my tube.  No additional fees.  I also contacted another vendor, mentioned in this thread many times, but he wanted an additional $12 per tube to find a match.  I was to be charged for the testing of his own tubes to find a match.  This didn't seem right to me as the testing on the vendor's end should be included in the price of the tube, IMO.  And I also did not feel this vendor's testing devices were as good as TC's Amplitrex...and the tubes themselves were already more expensive than TC's prices.

Hi Ericus Rex and all Audio Circle members.
For the Audio Circle members that had not being following my misadvanture with some Toshiba tubes
bought from TC Tubes, here it is.
I bought from TC Tubes the following tubes:
Retheon 6080
Sylvania 12Au7, 12AX7, 6922
Sovtek 5AR4
and a pair of 6BQ5 Toshiba.
The Toshiba might not be defective as such,
but they are 50% less efficient than my Electro Harmonix
and they are very dull sounding, no mids and highs.
Mrs. Chelsea as offer me to exchange them for a pair of Genalex Gold Lion N709/EL84
at no extra charge and she will not wait for me to return the Toshiba,
because I can only return them in June via a relative going back to the USA.
That's what I call SUPER customer service.
I would recommend without any hesitation TC Tubes.

Guy 13

jimdgoulding

« Reply #134 on: 18 Feb 2014, 03:43 pm »
Matsushita E88CC 6922 Japan - MINT NOS NIB Mullard Tooling - (Matched Pairs/Quads/Singles)

Any you chaps know where I can replace 4 of these?  Thank you

Captainhemo

« Reply #135 on: 22 Feb 2014, 03:15 am »
Matsushita E88CC 6922 Japan - MINT NOS NIB Mullard Tooling - (Matched Pairs/Quads/Singles)

Any you chaps know where I can replace 4 of these?  Thank you

Brent Jessie has the Matsushita6DJ8's (Mullard tooling) on his 6DJ8/6922 page but I didn't see  the 6922's... might want to try giving him a call. or even shoot him an email

-jay

jimdgoulding

« Reply #136 on: 22 Feb 2014, 03:40 am »
Hey Cap'n, thank you.

WireNut

« Reply #137 on: 22 Feb 2014, 03:44 am »
I need two 6922/6DJ8 tubes that are closely matched by the gain that they provide.
What test do I need to ask for when ordering tubes that provide closely matched gain?

My preamp has 8 tubes. If the two tubes that are used in the gain positions are not matched equally one channel ends up being louder than the other.

JakeJ

« Reply #138 on: 22 Feb 2014, 04:19 am »
Wirenut,

Ask just exactly that specific question when you contact tube vendors.  The reputable ones won't bat an eye at your request.

bunky

« Reply #139 on: 22 Feb 2014, 06:25 am »
As a rule I always buy matched power and preamp tubes.