Construction techinques video on Youtube

Roger A. Modjeski

Construction techinques video on Youtube
« on: 22 Aug 2014, 05:00 am »
This is how I am building first generation circuits to determine what they will do.  http://youtu.be/TuUiNhbMzjY

Ericus Rex

Re: Construction techinques video on Youtube
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2014, 10:41 am »
Very nice!  Thanks for all your educational efforts, Roger.  I greatly appreciate them.

bdp24

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2014, 01:10 pm »
Fantastic, thanks Roger.

Guy 13

« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2014, 01:58 pm »
Thanks Roger.
Very well done video.
I hope we won't have to wait for 2015 for the next one. :lol:

Guy 13

mgalusha

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2014, 03:11 pm »
Very nice, thanks for the time and effort.  :thumb:

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2014, 04:52 pm »
Thanks Roger.
Very well done video.
I hope we won't have to wait for 2015 for the next one. :lol:

Guy 13

Yes, I hope not too. This was one of four that I made a few months ago. I just needed a person to put on the title page and publish.   When I get the school going I will have a permanent setup and hope to find an assistant to help out. Anyone in the Bay Area who wants to help should contact me here. Its easy for me to sit down and do the material, what ties things up is getting them published and the links posted. I  usually do them straight through so there is little or no editing needed. I am ready to do a lot of these.

Guy 13

« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2014, 03:20 am »
Yes, I hope not too. This was one of four that I made a few months ago. I just needed a person to put on the title page and publish.   When I get the school going I will have a permanent setup and hope to find an assistant to help out. Anyone in the Bay Area who wants to help should contact me here. Its easy for me to sit down and do the material, what ties things up is getting them published and the links posted. I  usually do them straight through so there is little or no editing needed. I am ready to do a lot of these.

Hi Roger.
You want to do a lot more, that's a great idea, I will be one of your most faithful viewer/follower.
Just a suggestion, how about mentioning in your video where you get all the parts for the projects
and a idea of how much the project would cost.

Guy 13

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 23 Aug 2014, 03:37 am »
Very nice work!!,and an excellent schematic,all the best Roger.. :thumb:

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #8 on: 23 Aug 2014, 05:00 am »
Hi Roger.
You want to do a lot more, that's a great idea, I will be one of your most faithful viewer/follower.
Just a suggestion, how about mentioning in your video where you get all the parts for the projects
and a idea of how much the project would cost.

Guy 13

Most of the time the parts come from what I have collected over the years. Mouser is a good source for the resistors and capacitors.  We have tubes, sockets and soon I hope to offer assembled power supply modules as we have some very good ones.

The cost is minimal as long as one stays away from expensive boutique caps and resistors. Other than the power supply and tubes (which can be used for many experiments) the rest of the stuff to make simple circuits is under $50. Good audio is not about the cost of parts, its about knowing what to do with them. That is what I am teaching on the videos and in classes. We can do a lot more in an extended class.

/mp

« Reply #9 on: 3 Sep 2014, 05:14 am »
Good audio is not about the cost of parts, its about knowing what to do with them.

While it's true many problems can be solved by throwing money at them, it's also true many can be solved without throwing money at them. I find the later far more satisfying.