Best treatment for floorstanding speaker feet????

DEV

Re: Best treatment for floorstanding speaker feet????
« Reply #20 on: 1 Nov 2011, 02:28 am »
Hi Steve,

well I have allowed the speakers to settle for a few hours now and the pucks are gradually sinking into the carpet and the speakers are not as wobbly.

Initial listening impression using these, by far my favorite out of any other method I have tried.  :thumb:

I can see these really working nice on hardwood floors also.

I will report more latter. 

drummermitchell

« Reply #21 on: 18 Nov 2011, 12:21 am »
Should have mine soon for my mains,been thinking how they might do on my 1812 sub@300lbs

drummermitchell

« Reply #22 on: 18 Nov 2011, 10:46 pm »
Got em,this morning.fast service I must say.
The gliders sure do their thing as my 50a's(100lbs.a pc.) just slide along the Berber carpet.
I was using Svelt shelves which has been a pain whenever I have had to move the speakers.
Sonically,I have just watched a movie so I can't say as yet,but if you have heavy or high speakers
these are terrific,just like an extra set of hands :thumb:.

drjjpdc

« Reply #23 on: 30 Nov 2011, 06:11 am »
Herbie,

With all these responses I have not seen one yet for my situation. My man cave is in my basement. I have a Berber carpet on top of padding on top of concrete. What would you recommend for my floorstanders. Mine are similar to B&W Matrix series 803/804 in size and shape.

John

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #24 on: 30 Nov 2011, 03:28 pm »
Hi, drjjpdc.

If your speakers are on spikes, a regular Cone/Spike Decoupling Glider under each spike. If no spikes, four Giant Fat Gliders under each speaker. You should get a better-defined and more linear, deeper bass on Berber than you would with cork-and-rubber sandwiches like Isol-pads, better overall sonic results, plus of course the easier mobility of the speakers.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

drummermitchell

« Reply #25 on: 30 Nov 2011, 03:58 pm »
As Steve says :thumb:..
I've had to (still am)adjust my sub to my mains as the Giant fat gliders do give out more bottom end ect.
I also have the concrete floor with pad and Berber carpet.
Quite surprised at the positive difference these make,excellent upgrade.