Difference between preamp chassis?

Jay S

« on: 5 Mar 2003, 03:27 am »
I noticed that your best preamp (Transcendence 7) has 2 different chassis available.  Could you let us know what the difference is between the SL and EC (besides price)?  I wasn't able to find the info on the website - apologies if I overlooked it.  Also, is a remote control available?  

Thank you.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2003, 05:37 am »
The EC version has more inputs, and tone controls.  The SL has fewer inputs and no tone controls

avahifi

« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2003, 02:22 pm »
Hi:

The SL chassis has six inputs, a mono/stereo switch, and three unswitched AC outlets.  The chassis is 12" wide.

The EC chassis has eight inputs, an EPL loop, left-right-mono-stereo switch, tone controls (switchable), high-low filtering, output muting/reduction (lo gain), three "switched and fused" AC outlets.  The chassis is 17" wide, the same width as our power amplifier chassis.

Both chassis have gold plated jacks, fiberglass selector switch, headphone jack, dual tape monitoring loops (allows for tape to tape), dual output jacks, and can have the optional phono section and tape buffers.  We have also begun including a mute circuit in both chassis that slightly delay the sound on power up and immediately mute the sound on power down.  In previous preamps it was possible for the preamp to continue playing for several seconds after the power switch was turned off (extra capacity power supply), but with the new logic driven mute circuit the output stops the second the power switch is turned off.  Neither of the chassis as this time have a remote control.

One other main difference between the two chassis is that we offer the SL chassis as a kit in some of the models.  The EC chassis is only factory wired due to the more complex nature of the front panel.

Thanks for your question, and please let me know if you have any questions...

Larry Jenkins