RMAF 2014 Announcement!

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
RMAF 2014 Announcement!
« on: 24 Sep 2014, 03:50 am »
We had resided ourselves to not doing RMAF this year, we simply didn't want to do it in a small room.  But about 2 weeks ago I decided to call one last time and see if anything bigger opened up.  I figured there was about a .0001% chance, but the sun shone upon us and we were answered!  GR Danny had just cancelled his reservation, and Marjorie told me I was first to call so it's mine if I want it. 

So yes, we will be in Danny's old GR Research room - 2024.  I know there's a lot of responsibility to follow in the footprints of Danny Ritchie, but I promise we'll do our best to honor the room  :D

I think we have a fantastic lineup for this year, some new partners and exciting gear!

First off we will have the show debut for the Joule Black.  We have shown the White version a couple times, but now it's time to show other side.  The more sultry, romantic side.

Also we will be showing the first in our new Dealer lineup, the Tuonare.  Our dealer rep tells me he has interested parties from all across the country coming to see them.  I'm sure they'll like what they see and hear, so chances are you'll start seeing these pop up at dealers across the country.  We have worked closely with a local cabinet maker to completely outsource the cabinet construction, but still keep it our standards.  That means no additional work-load for us, and the ability to offer a Vapor speaker without wait for construction.  We're excited about this project!

Our partners for the show:
Antipodes will be showing their new line of servers including the new DX, and an all new network player at around $1000 called DP.
Care Audio will be providing a front-end from Allnic including the T2000 Integrated (with KT150 tubes), and the D5000 DHT DAC that has been receiving a lot of buzz lately.
Verastarr will provide all system cabling, great sounding cables that have earned a spot in my home, and now a show partner
Running Springs Audio will be providing their Dimitri power conditioner
And of course, GIK Acoustics will be treating the room.
Oh, and Kingsound will be providing a pair of their closed Electrostat headphones and the matching OTL Tube amp for them.  We will be showing them with a second Antipodes server and Allnic DAC setup.  That should be a sublime headphone rig! 

That will get people in the room, to keep you there I almost have my wife convinced to come.  No, no lap dances ... but she is an excellent chef, and our room has a full kitchenette.  That's why she wants to come, so that she can bake goodies all weekend for the attendees.  Why do you think I need to lose 20, because she's an amazing cook!  Just ask Pete  :wink:

We're very excited for this year, it's going to be a great show!

roscoeiii

Re: RMAF 2014 Announcement!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2014, 05:38 am »
Very exciting. Can't wait to hear the Joule. I think it may be the only one of your speakers I haven't heard.

See you in Denver!!!

dpatters

« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2014, 01:24 pm »
Very exciting. Can't wait to hear the Joule. I think it may be the only one of your speakers I haven't heard.

See you in Denver!!!

I hope you enjoy the Joule.  They will be shipped to me after the show!! :thumb:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2014, 01:37 pm »
I don't care about your speakers but I will come for good food and wine (hint, hint)! 8)

TIC in case the joke flew over your head.  :lol:

It will be good not to have to go out of the building to listen to your speaker.  :thumb:

roscoeiii

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2014, 01:42 pm »
I would walk 5 miles to hear these speakers.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2014, 02:09 pm »
See ya there  :thumb:

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2014, 02:30 pm »
Good news for us Vapor Audio fans out there  :thumb:

pconley2

« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2014, 03:37 pm »
First off we will have the show debut for the Joule Black.  We have shown the White version a couple times, but now it's time to show other side.  The more sultry, romantic side.
That will get people in the room, to keep you there I almost have my wife convinced to come.  No, no lap dances ... but she is an excellent chef, and our room has a full kitchenette.  That's why she wants to come, so that she can bake goodies all weekend for the attendees. 
Ryan, I hope you have a wonderful show, you hit home runs last year, I am sure the sound will be wonderful.  I won't be there so I will miss all the excitement.
I wish I could hear DPatters' sultry and romantic Joule Blacks to compare them to my upcoming Joule Whites.
The race is on whether he gets his before I get mine.

bajaed

« Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2014, 04:17 pm »
Are these going to be the Joules with the Walnut Burl and dark metallic brown baffles?  Can't wait to see how those turned out!

Got to see the Tuonare cabinets after the veneer was on but before sanding and finish applied. Great lines. Anxious to hear reviews on both.

dpatters

« Reply #9 on: 24 Sep 2014, 05:04 pm »
Ryan, I hope you have a wonderful show, you hit home runs last year, I am sure the sound will be wonderful.  I won't be there so I will miss all the excitement.
I wish I could hear DPatters' sultry and romantic Joule Blacks to compare them to my upcoming Joule Whites.
The race is on whether he gets his before I get mine.
Phil - I went last year but couldn't make it this year as we are going to Key West next week to grab one last week of summer.  Cooling down here in central PA.
It'll be interesting to compare some impressions when we get the Joules in our systems.  Too bad we are so far from each other.

dpatters

« Reply #10 on: 24 Sep 2014, 05:08 pm »
Are these going to be the Joules with the Walnut Burl and dark metallic brown baffles?  Can't wait to see how those turned out!

Got to see the Tuonare cabinets after the veneer was on but before sanding and finish applied. Great lines. Anxious to hear reviews on both.

Yes, that would be correct.  They are going to look awesome.  I've seen some actual photos of the cabinets with the veneer and it's even better than the computer rendering. I'm sure they will sound as good as they look.  At least they will get some hours on them at the show which will shorten the break in once I receive them.

pconley2

« Reply #11 on: 24 Sep 2014, 05:32 pm »
Phil - I went last year but couldn't make it this year as we are going to Key West next week to grab one last week of summer.  Cooling down here in central PA.
It'll be interesting to compare some impressions when we get the Joules in our systems.  Too bad we are so far from each other.
Don, Seadogs, another Joule owner, told me to be prepared for all kinds of friends popping up out of the woodwork to hear these things, and that they never want to leave!!!
Enjoy Key West, have a nice drink looking at the sunsets.
p

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: 24 Sep 2014, 07:01 pm »
Very psyched to hear the Joule Black, this is the speaker which most interests me of any available.
Hope to hear some NIN and maybe even some King Crimson?
I suspect I'll be hanging around in the Vapor room quite a bit...

pconley2

« Reply #13 on: 24 Sep 2014, 07:10 pm »
Very psyched to hear the Joule Black, this is the speaker which most interests me of any available.
Hope to hear some NIN and maybe even some King Crimson?
I suspect I'll be hanging around in the Vapor room quite a bit...
NIN is Ryan's middle name  :lol:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #14 on: 24 Sep 2014, 08:07 pm »
NIN is Ryan's middle name  :lol:

I need a son so I can name him Trent   :D

rocker9999

« Reply #15 on: 24 Sep 2014, 10:50 pm »
Wow - nice to hear Vapor will be there. Not having Vapor at RMAF is like having the Mona Lisa - without her smile.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #16 on: 4 Oct 2014, 01:34 am »
The painted parts for the Joule Black are done, here's a pic from in the spray booth.  I think the color turned out fantastic! 

dpatters

« Reply #17 on: 6 Oct 2014, 01:34 pm »
The painted parts for the Joule Black are done, here's a pic from in the spray booth.  I think the color turned out fantastic! 

Looking good Ryan!  I just got back from Key West yesterday so I'm looking forward to the updates.

Don

Dragon_vibe

• Restricted
« Reply #18 on: 6 Oct 2014, 04:38 pm »
Any chance i will get any updates on my Perfect Storm?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #19 on: 6 Oct 2014, 05:17 pm »
Any chance i will get any updates on my Perfect Storm?

We're always available, shoot me an email ... I haven't received any since the last one I sent you.