Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

XMAN

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #1980 on: 8 Jan 2017, 06:52 pm »
I'm really digging the latest beta version I've been using it over the Soundirik at present because it loads quicker.  I just thought I would try to explain my last text regarding one of my DSD albums namely PROPRIUS RECORDS AUDIOPHILE BEST I downloaded from prostudio masters.  MM one shows the first song on the album due to there being more than one artist and I would edit the file as I have with others but it will not allow editing the tagging. So I go to Soundirik for these kind of files.  Again the beta MM is really nice just needs some tweaking IMHO

Cheers X

XMAN

« Reply #1981 on: 9 Jan 2017, 02:06 am »
On the beta version I notice that when selecting a song it cues the same selection twice in the play list. I'm starting to think there maybe something funky with my player.  Chris any ideas?

X

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1982 on: 9 Jan 2017, 12:35 pm »
On the beta version I notice that when selecting a song it cues the same selection twice in the play list. I'm starting to think there maybe something funky with my player.  Chris any ideas?

X

Hi X

If you mean 01 07 all is ok on my setup

James

OTM

« Reply #1983 on: 9 Jan 2017, 01:58 pm »
Mine works fine with 01-07 as well
David

XMAN

« Reply #1984 on: 9 Jan 2017, 02:47 pm »
the S2.31 2016-12-17 version sorry

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1985 on: 9 Jan 2017, 03:10 pm »
You shouldn't say latest, a version value is always recommended.  Are you double clicking the add button?

XMAN

« Reply #1986 on: 9 Jan 2017, 03:13 pm »
again sorry Chris i don't believe i am double clicking i am using a ipad mini

Marius

« Reply #1987 on: 13 Jan 2017, 08:58 pm »
HI Chris,

with the recent beta releases, my BDP1 shows this on startup:

(red files not displayed here but they are there, screen estate was to small or the capture)

going back to the root after browsing some folders gives the  layout we had before:

No type, date etc anymore.

Is this expected behavior ?

Cheers,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1988 on: 13 Jan 2017, 09:51 pm »
HI Chris,

with the recent beta releases, my BDP1 shows this on startup:

(red files not displayed here but they are there, screen estate was to small or the capture)

going back to the root after browsing some folders gives the  layout we had before:

No type, date etc anymore.

Is this expected behavior ?

Cheers,
Marius

Did the Bryston DB get turned off?

Marius

« Reply #1989 on: 13 Jan 2017, 10:09 pm »
Did the Bryston DB get turned off?

Yes, always off.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1990 on: 13 Jan 2017, 11:10 pm »
Those options should only appear if bryston db is enabled as it require the bryston db to function

XMAN

« Reply #1991 on: 14 Jan 2017, 03:09 am »
Hey Chris running S2.31 2016-12-17 I have a large DSD file with 76 tracks.   DB doesn't show all of the tracks and the order is incorrect.  When I access it from the media player it's ok.

Krutsch

« Reply #1992 on: 14 Jan 2017, 07:11 pm »
Switching services on BDP-1.

Using the drop-down on the lower-left side of the Dashboard, when I switch from MPD to Roon Ready, it always selects Shairport-Sync, instead.

When I attempt the selection for Roon Ready a second time, it shows "Check <icon> Services" and I have to manually set it to Roon.

Since I frequently switch between MPD and Roon playback, this is annoying and it happens this way every time.

S2.31 2017-01-13
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.19.19 NEWS
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486
COPYRIGHT BRYSTON LTD. 2010

Marius

« Reply #1993 on: 14 Jan 2017, 08:15 pm »
Those options should only appear if bryston db is enabled as it require the bryston db to function

Maybe MM could check on first run if DB is enabled.
As it is now, it seems MM notices the DB is disabled only after a first act of browsing.

Cheers
Marius

XMAN

« Reply #1994 on: 16 Jan 2017, 08:39 pm »
In media player notice that on some albums the order is incorrect but when the entire album is played it plays in the correct order.

S2.31 2017-01-14
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.19.19 NEWS
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-48

Barry in Calgary

« Reply #1995 on: 30 Jan 2017, 05:01 am »
Hi

Wondering if the Tidal (Beta) application as seen in MM is actually Beta or if the Tidal Application has been released and just the name has not been changed.

Thanks
Barry in Calgary

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1996 on: 30 Jan 2017, 12:11 pm »
Hi

Wondering if the Tidal (Beta) application as seen in MM is actually Beta or if the Tidal Application has been released and just the name has not been changed.

Thanks
Barry in Calgary

Hi Barry

Its is Beta because we have not sent BDP to Tidal to be granted official status.

james

Barry in Calgary

« Reply #1997 on: 30 Jan 2017, 04:23 pm »
Thanks James

Would you know if BDP-2 users are happy with how the current Tidal application is working?

I'm guessing that it's not a critical application (i.e. no rush to get official status) that there may not be a lot of Tidal on BDP-2 users.
I'd like to enable it and would like to ensure it works as advertised.

Now please don't read these two messages as significant criticism.  I am absolutely "gobsmacked" by the quality of the sound coming out of the BDP-2 using MPD.

I thought my MacBook Pro + Intona Isolator + VBus2 isolator + Uptone Regen (LPS-1) was great until I used the BDP-2, there is no comparison (in my opinion, in my system).
The BDP-2 is producing the best sound I have ever obtained in my system, especially when used with the Intona/VBUS2/Regen.

I'm very sure (confirmed by listening comparisons) I would need to spend more than 3 times, probably 4 times, what the BDP-2 sells for, to slightly improve on sound quality.

My Best
Barry

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1998 on: 30 Jan 2017, 04:33 pm »
Thanks James

Would you know if BDP-2 users are happy with how the current Tidal application is working?

I'm guessing that it's not a critical application (i.e. no rush to get official status) that there may not be a lot of Tidal on BDP-2 users.
I'd like to enable it and would like to ensure it works as advertised.

Now please don't read these two messages as significant criticism.  I am absolutely "gobsmacked" by the quality of the sound coming out of the BDP-2 using MPD.

I thought my MacBook Pro + Intona Isolator + VBus2 isolator + Uptone Regen (LPS-1) was great until I used the BDP-2, there is no comparison (in my opinion, in my system).
The BDP-2 is producing the best sound I have ever obtained in my system, especially when used with the Intona/VBUS2/Regen.

I'm very sure (confirmed by listening comparisons) I would need to spend more than 3 times, probably 4 times, what the BDP-2 sells for, to slightly improve on sound quality.

My Best
Barry

Hi Barry

You can try Tidal with no harm done so give it a go.  I still do not think streamed music comes close to the direct file though.

james

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #1999 on: 1 Feb 2017, 10:43 am »
Hi Barry

You can try Tidal with no harm done so give it a go.  I still do not think streamed music comes close to the direct file though.

james
I cannot agree more...
Also you never know what the source is. Why listen to brickwalled music when the original file sounds infinitely better?