AK fest....how was the show?

Christof

AK fest....how was the show?
« on: 30 Mar 2007, 07:26 pm »
Rick or anyone who attended, how did things go in Michigan?

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: AK fest....how was the show?
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2007, 01:23 pm »

The show went very well and our business is growing very fast. We just finished the 1st quarter of 2007 and already have done 65% of our total sales for 2006!

I received many good comments about the sound and craftsmanship of the Peridot. Several listeners also thought the MF7 ($495/pr.) was the best bargain at the show. Paul Kittinger came along with me and brought the TuLines transmission line speaker that he and I designed. This will be offered as a kit for around $600 (minus cabinets). We didn't play the Tulines very much since most of the requests were for the Peridot; however, the response was very favorable.

Special thanks go to David Michael Audio, Madisound, and GIK for helping make the show a great success.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2007, 01:24 pm »
Congrats Rick.  Glad things are going well for you. 

Bryan

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2007, 01:26 pm »
Congrats Rick.  Glad things are going well for you. 

Bryan

Thanks - the GIK panels helped make it happen!

gme109

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2007, 02:42 pm »

The show went very well and our business is growing very fast. We just finished the 1st quarter of 2007 and already have done 65% of our total sales for 2006!

I received many good comments about the sound and craftsmanship of the Peridot. Several listeners also thought the MF7 ($495/pr.) was the best bargain at the show. Paul Kittinger came along with me and brought the TuLines transmission line speaker that he and I designed. This will be offered as a kit for around $600 (minus cabinets). We didn't play the Tulines very much since most of the requests were for the Peridot; however, the response was very favorable.

Special thanks go to David Michael Audio, Madisound, and GIK for helping make the show a great success.

Congratulations Rick, your rising sales are well deserved!

Christof

« Reply #6 on: 1 Apr 2007, 04:21 am »
 :thumb:  Any pics?

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
« Reply #7 on: 1 Apr 2007, 02:57 pm »
Check out my AK Fest gallery for pictures:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1018

I attended the show and can say that the Selah Peridot speakers were outstanding in both looks and sound.  But I really liked the Selah MF7 for $495 a pair ... great value!

Madisound also had a kit pair of speakers based on the same SEAS coax driver for $450, but I don't think it sounded quite as good as the MF7.  The cabinets look almost identical in design, but I guess the real difference is in the crossover designs.  It was easy to compare since both rooms were using the same tube amp.

Rich Carlson

« Reply #8 on: 1 Apr 2007, 09:47 pm »
Just want to chime in and say I enjoyed the Selah room very much.  Rick, that was you who played the new Happy The Man album for me, wasn't it? 

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #9 on: 2 Apr 2007, 02:22 am »
Just want to chime in and say I enjoyed the Selah room very much.  Rick, that was you who played the new Happy The Man album for me, wasn't it? 

Yes that was me. Thanks for coming by to listen.

Rick

LadyDog

« Reply #10 on: 2 Apr 2007, 01:42 pm »
Rick,
Sounds like you have two more winners with the new designs.  What drivers are used in the MF7 and TuLine speakers?  Cabinet size?  Thanks.

Regards,
Jeff

carusoracer

« Reply #11 on: 2 Apr 2007, 05:43 pm »
Rick,

Check PM