Dedicated AC Line??

Hank Rearden

Dedicated AC Line??
« on: 10 Mar 2003, 03:27 am »
I was curious what differnece a dedicated AC line would make in my house and how much would I benefit from this?

My home already suffers from poor quality electricity and was looking at ways to make an improvement. Would I be better off purchasing a PS Audio 300 Power Plant or BP-2.5 Ultra. BTW, does anyone have an estimate on what a dedicated line would cost??

markC

Dedicated AC Line??
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2003, 04:41 am »
It all depends on where your electrical supply, (breaker or fuse box) is located in relation to your a/v setup. It may not even be possible w/o opening walls/ceilings etc. The main benefit is that if something else on the same circuit is contributing nasties ie. dimmer controls and the like, this will be all but eliminated with a dedicated circuit.

Hantra

Dedicated AC Line??
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2003, 03:24 pm »
Hank:

Really no way to tell how much it would cost.  I had two circuits run with #10 THHN, and it was about $250.  Of course, it wasn't that difficult either, so if you have a difficult run, it would be more money.  

I use no power conditioning except for a Quantum Symphony, whihc is parallel, and mine is amazingly quiet.  It helped out with the background noise, and things cleared up as a result.

HTH,

B