Epiphanies upgraded to Nightengales

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« on: 2 Dec 2004, 01:43 pm »
I came home from work last night to find my long awaited shipment of 5 epiphanies and a subwoofer from Klaus. :D (My system does double duty as 2 channel & HT).  I had recently purchased a Khartago off of Ebay and had already gotten some Groneberg speaker cable.  Unfortunately, my loving wife's first words are "the epiphanies look naked" (no grills) :cry: I call Klaus and tell him I have a slight problem.  After laughing hilariously when I tell him, he says no problem.  The bottom line is I show my wife a beautiful speaker that just happens to have the name of Nighengale and she falls in love with them! :inlove:

Klaus is excellent to work with!  I am sending back two epiphanies now and keeping three until he ships me a pair of Nighengales and a Nemesis center.  I also ordered an Etesian(with HT bypass) to go with my Khartago.  I will use some existing NHT Super Zeros for my rears when I watch a movie.  

We all know gear is very subjective.  However, dealing with Klaus and Alain(awesome sub) has been a joy.  They should write a manuel for the rest of the retail world!!

Cheers,

rklein

avalon65

Re: Epiphanies upgraded to Nightengales
« Reply #1 on: 2 Dec 2004, 03:48 pm »
Quote from: rklein
I came home from work last night to find my long awaited shipment of 5 epiphanies and a subwoofer from Klaus...

Did you get the sub from Klaus/Alain too??? I wasn't aware there was one available. If so, can you give some details on it or better yet pictures? How much $$$? I've been thinking of upgrading my sub and one that is designed to match my Nightingales would be outstanding.

Thnx

rklein

« Reply #2 on: 2 Dec 2004, 06:03 pm »
Hi Avalon65:

The sub was part of a package deal with Klaus.  It is in oak and has a 12" passive on the side and a downfiring 12" active with a plate amp of 300 watts.  Hell, it even comes with a remote. :mrgreen:   The workmanship is excellent.  It sure is one heavy mother! I will try and post a picture soon.  You really need to talk to Klaus because the price I received was based on buying 5 Epiphanies(which by the way totally disappear into the room).  

I will have to talk to Klaus about the sub integrating with the Nightengales as it was "tuned" by Alain for use with the Ephiphanies.

By the way, until my Etesian comes, I am using a Marantz SR-7200 receiver for my pre/pro.  It has pre-outs so I am using the Khartago for my fronts and the Marantz is driving the center and rears.  I must say that the Khartago hooked up to those Epiphanies are kicking butt even without the Etesian.

rklein

alex_odyssey_sg

• http://www.odysseyaudiosg.com
« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2004, 02:22 am »
Klaus is a naughty naughty boy... I (the Singapore Odyssey dealer) don't even know Alain does a sub!!  :oops: ...  Seriously need to talk to Klaus when he comes back...

rklein... You are a very lucky man!! Penalty: please post pics!!

rklein

« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2004, 04:21 am »
I will try to post some pictures of the sub that Alain built me.  It's 11 pm and I just came home from my office after a 15 hour day... :oops: I will try and get the pictures up by the weekend.

rklein

Brian

« Reply #5 on: 13 Dec 2004, 04:30 pm »
Hi

How are the sub coming along? Are you using it when listening to stereo or do you only use it for surround?

Looking forward to the pictures.

Brian

rklein

Pictures...Finally!!
« Reply #6 on: 26 Dec 2004, 07:38 pm »
Merry Christmas Everyone! :D

I am sorry for the delay in posting some pictures.  Work as been...well work. :wink:  Hopefully, I posted my pictures correctly to the gallery so that you can view them by clicking on the link listed at the bottom of this post.  Klaus has been great to deal with.  I am keeping the Epiphanies until my Nightengales & Nemesis center is done.  The info on the Alain built sub is as follows.  I'm not sure of the passive and active drivers used.  12" passive mounted on the side with a 12" active downfiring.  The amp is a 350 watt Jayco.  It comes with a remote which can control the frequency and the volume.  This remote has come in very handy when my better half is giving me the "the sub is too loud"  :roll: look during movies.  So far I have been pleased with the integration of the sub with the Epiphanies.  I am really getting into the soundstage of the Epiphanies.  I integrate the sub in two channel depending on the genre of music being listened to.  These speakers really do disappear into the room.  Some of you have asked about the price of the sub.  I really think you will have to talk to Klaus about this.  I don't think he wants to add a sub to his line of speakers.  If you ask him, he might fall back on being temporarily insane when he offered to build me a sub. :thankyou:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=476]

Have a great New Year :beer:

rklein

Randy

Love the stands.
« Reply #7 on: 26 Dec 2004, 09:04 pm »
Paint em black and they'd look a lot better.

rklein

Expensive Speaker Stands
« Reply #8 on: 26 Dec 2004, 09:45 pm »
I want you all to know that my children have to stand when they have their breakfast until my Nightengales come. :violin: Maybe they will come and sit with us at the kitchen table now. :lol:

rklein

jcoat007

Re: Pictures...Finally!!
« Reply #9 on: 27 Dec 2004, 02:43 pm »
If you ask him, he might fall back on being temporarily insane when he offered to build me a sub...

OK Klaus, spill the beans.  Is the sub something you will be offering?

alex_odyssey_sg

Re: Pictures...Finally!!
« Reply #10 on: 28 Dec 2004, 03:43 pm »

These speakers really do disappear into the room. ...

Yes...yes... that's what I've been telling everyone! If you want an invisible pair of bookshelf speakers, Epiphony must be on the top of the shopping list!

By the way...eeerrr.... nice speaker stands... haha...  :idea:  :)

rklein

expensive speaker stands
« Reply #11 on: 29 Dec 2004, 04:51 am »
I'm glad everyone likes my speaker stands.  Actually, Klaus had Alain build them for me when he built my sub. :jester:

alex_odyssey_sg

« Reply #12 on: 29 Dec 2004, 06:27 am »
right...right... I am sure they will hit our shores very soon!!  And in matching finish with the speakers!!  :lol:

Have fun with your setup!!