Another fartastical karmic cd give-away!

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
Another fartastical karmic cd give-away!
« on: 31 Aug 2018, 10:41 pm »
Happy Labor Day everyone! It's time for the next Fartastical Karmic CD Give-away! This time some unfortunate ACer will be the weiner of TWO prime examples of foul rock fartiness ... a special end-of-summer offering of dual duodenual disasters. A truly fartastical giveaway and both are real pants flappers!

The first is an offering from Raydi-doh-hed’s “OK COMPOOTER” and the boys worked up a prodigious stink for this one.

In the 50s, Truman Capote famously said of Kerouac’s ‘On the Road’, that’s not writing, that’s typing”. When I first heard Yorke’s singing I thought, “that’s not singing, that’s whining”. What’s with all the whining? It’s hard to tell about the actual music because all the whining gets in the way. Supposedly there were problems from the start with Raydi-doh-hed arguing about the cd title. ‘Replicant Threnody’ was dismissed early as was ‘Cyborg Crybabies’. And Yorke’s personal favorite, ‘No, Seriously Dude, Where’s My Xanax’ was in the running until the group contracted food poisoning and decided on the equally flatulent “OK COMPOOTER’.

Well, there’s a lot of pooting going on and Raydidoh-hed has produced a veritable fart storm of windy pretension. What exactly is the theme of this record? Androids in love? Airbags? Androids in love with airbags? Who the hell knows but people certainly love this recording and there are entire books and dvds dedicated to it. RollingStone placed the record in the top 20O rock recordsof all time.

On the bean burrito scale this sneaks in 3.5 bean burritos. Pretty smelly stuff there but you might like it.

Next up, an ex-library cd, a solo effort from former Japan frontman, David ‘Gee My Hair Looks Fantastic’ Sylvian’s ‘The First Dump’, actually a joint effort with Like-a-smart-person Robert Fripp (but since Fripp has reached canonization in our house I can’t say a bad thing about him). Lots of people seem to like this guy Sylvian. Like-a-cool-person Trey Gunn likes this guy. Both Fripp and Gunn play their butts off on this recording yet I think it’s pretty fartastical but just because of Sylvian. Why all the drama David? Are you Bowie? No. Are you Brian Ferry? No. So cut it out.

On the bean burrito scale this is a button bustin’ 3 bean burritos. Not quite stinkeroo city and you might like it.

Now, in yet another completely selfless service to the AC community, I sat down with a frosty beverage and subjected myself to a straight-through listening of both cds back-to-back to check on SQ. When I regained consciousness 16 hours later, I was in the downtown bus station talking to a drink machine wearing day-glow orange crocs, a pink ballet tutu, and a Lou Pinella #14 Yankees jersey. Forewarned, wiener/losers, is forewarned!

Raydidoh-hed and Sylvian fans take heart. As always thou shalt remember that ours is a brief hour to strut and fret upon the stage, and that the outcome of this latest episode of the Fartastical giveaways should not, either for the wiener/loser or the loser/wiener, cause great despair and gnashing of teeth. These breezy works can only be comprehended in the context of their time, and as byproducts of it – a time molded by new departures in music exploration apparently complemented by unhealthy attractions for broccoli, tofu, fried foods, kimchi and warm carbonated beverages, often consumed in the same setting. So, here it is, two fine examples from the music methane genre, absolutely free. I will even pay the postage. You must pick a number between 1 - 58. A random number generator will choose the number and the unfortunate wiener/loser will be announced in a few weeks. Something may be rotten in the state of Denmark but for this smelly affair, CONUS only and open to ACers with 25 or more posts can play. Offer not valid in Doomstown or the Tricolor area. As always, offer void after midnight in Sectors 5 and 6.

May I be forgiven in my next life for being an enabler.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: Another fartastical karmic cd give-away!
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2018, 10:49 pm »

rockadanny

« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2018, 10:52 pm »
ok, I'll bite. number 8 for me please. Thank you.  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2018, 11:05 pm »
Ahh Mr. KP. Such eloquence, aplomb, such joie de vivre, as always. A most onerous, I mean generous offering. Best wishes, or condolences, as the case may be to the winner. As tempting as your offering may be, I think I'll pass this gas (excuse me   :oops: )  this time in the interest of sharing the generosity.

May you & yours, and all my fellow ACers have a safe & fun Labor Day Weekend.  :thumb:  Keep 'em spinnin'  8)

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2018, 11:46 pm »
Put me down for Lucky 57 but ONLY if I'm allowed to regift them to somebody I don't like.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2018, 11:51 pm »
give me 31

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2018, 11:54 pm »
I'll try 33.

I have just one question for you. If the drink machine was wearing day-glow orange crocs, a pink ballet tutu, and a Lou Pinella #14 Yankees jersey, what were you wearing at the time? [No. Don't thank me.] :icon_twisted:

jrobinson

« Reply #7 on: 1 Sep 2018, 04:49 am »

Thank you.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #8 on: 1 Sep 2018, 01:29 pm »
Thanks for the Karma offering!
#59 please.

Woodsea

« Reply #9 on: 1 Sep 2018, 04:21 pm »

Good luck everyone

dflee

« Reply #10 on: 1 Sep 2018, 04:40 pm »
Middle of the road- 29 please.

Thanks
Don

Delacroix

« Reply #11 on: 1 Sep 2018, 05:46 pm »

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 9 Sep 2018, 12:41 pm »
Ugh. Just one more week for someone to take a chance on feeling awful! The weiner/loser will be announced next Saturday.

Mortsnets

« Reply #13 on: 10 Sep 2018, 05:57 pm »
Put me down for #44.

Craig

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 16 Sep 2018, 12:57 pm »
Rockadee, it is my terrible responsibility to tell you that the unlucky number was 9 and since you were the closest number you are the unfortunate weiner loser of this fartastical pair. If you pm me a mailing address I’ll get these off to you in short order. I am so, so sorry.

This is the saddest day of my life.

KP

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #15 on: 16 Sep 2018, 04:47 pm »
Congratulations Dan   :rock:  Never fear KP, he's a hardy fellow who can persevere thru such a bump in the musical road.  8)
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2018, 04:28 am by ArthurDent »

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #16 on: 16 Sep 2018, 06:12 pm »
Chin up, Rockadee.
Once you hit bottom the only place left to go is up.

Thank you(?) to Kenneth Patchen. 

Mudslide

« Reply #17 on: 16 Sep 2018, 06:31 pm »
Isn't anyone else interested in how and why KP came to own these pinnacles of musical panache?   :scratch:   :dunno:  :rotflmao: