Triode Wire Labs & Odyssey on drugs

Joe Frances

Re: Triode Wire Labs & Odyssey on drugs
« Reply #20 on: 15 Oct 2018, 12:23 am »
I am enjoying this thread immensely.  I love the vicarious thrill of imaging what AITran's sounds like; hey AITran why not a youtube posting? you think your system would sound any better with Skogrand Beethoven's?  LOL

Since I also plan to go full loom with TWL in the near term,  I am already imaging saying the same things here about hi-fi kit.  For now, I am still loving TWL power cords. 

The "motto" Natural and Obsessive-- Science and Art kiss.

Fun-fun.

AlTran

« Reply #21 on: 15 Oct 2018, 05:02 pm »
Hi Joe, I'm a low-tech guy, I don't know how to post on YouTube. I can do a video & send you by e-mail or text message. I don't consider myself to have full loom of TWL yet until I get 4 more Obsessions. When I plug in the 2 Obsession for my amps & immediately like upgraded from class AB to PURE Class A kind of sound. IMHO, changing to TWL cables worth more than changing a component.  Again I think Pete should be charging more for his products. Even if doubling the current prices, still sounding much better than those big brands.

One scary thing that I forgot to mention, the details of these TWL are so darn "SPOOKY". I'm trying to explain here what is SPOOKY to me... I don't know if anyone of you TWL owners have heard this in their system but it does show up in my system once in awhile, I'm not sure if it is the recordings or whatever it is. Let's say, I'm sitting in my sweet spot, listening & suddenly I heard someone was talking in the background... obviously I looked back & of course nobody there. I played back second time, it was there again. I played back 3rd time & it wasn;t there anymore... is it SPOOOOOKY or what???

Enjoy the music guys...

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #22 on: 15 Oct 2018, 05:53 pm »
  When using the Obsession you will be treated to a more open spacious sound stage. A continuous of the sound in a non mechanical way. Imaging due to noise control is more precise and focused. Inner detail emerges in a way not heard before.
Yes sir they get better with time. Somewhere between 400 and 500 hours it stops changing and bliss is in store.

charles

AlTran

« Reply #23 on: 18 Dec 2018, 04:24 am »
It is been 3.5 months since I plugged in the Obsessions, about 100 days on a minimum 6 hours of playing time per day. By now my loom is fully broken in, the sound is not just amazing but they are “special” or I should say they are in a class of their own. At first I thought there aren’t enough details, not enough sparkles but as I put in more hours, they seemed to blossoming and surprised w the spooky details which popped up out of nowhere. The midrange is liquids, smooth, natural and yet seductive at the same time. Here comes the bass, oh no I mean the thunderous bass, lightning fast...I don’t know if other words to describe how good of a sound I’m getting from these Triode Wire slabs cables...

Triode Pete

« Reply #24 on: 19 Dec 2018, 02:22 pm »
It is been 3.5 months since I plugged in the Obsessions, about 100 days on a minimum 6 hours of playing time per day. By now my loom is fully broken in, the sound is not just amazing but they are “special” or I should say they are in a class of their own. At first I thought there aren’t enough details, not enough sparkles but as I put in more hours, they seemed to blossoming and surprised w the spooky details which popped up out of nowhere. The midrange is liquids, smooth, natural and yet seductive at the same time. Here comes the bass, oh no I mean the thunderous bass, lightning fast...I don’t know if other words to describe how good of a sound I’m getting from these Triode Wire Labs cables...

Hi Allen,
Thanks again for your kind comments! Patience is a virtue when evaluating my cable products. This phenomenon of "break-in, burn-in and settling" is experienced in all my cable products, especially my "Bi-Wired" speaker cables, where full settling may not occur until 2-3 months! Crazy!

Have fun & enjoy,
Pete

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #25 on: 19 Dec 2018, 04:34 pm »
  Tell ya what Pete you got that right. Crazy but well worth the wait. Good things always come to those who wait.  Merry Christmas.

charles