Replay Gain?

zoom25

Replay Gain?
« on: 11 Jul 2017, 12:25 am »
Is Replay Gain supported on the BDP-1 or others? (I'm on the latest Manic Moose as of date).

Anyone using it?

How does one turn it on/off?

Feel free to tell me whatever you want about Replay Gain that I as missing. Thanks!

Krutsch

Re: Replay Gain?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2017, 02:15 pm »
ReplayGain is supported by MPD and, hence, by the BDP-X.

You need to access the Samba share called "user" that takes you to /mnt/img.

Add line "replaygain;album" in <root>/mnt/img/mpdconf.set

Reboot the BDP and the setting will be applied to the running MPD.

I've suggested making that a Manic Moose MDP setting, in the past, but this is how you do it on your own.

Of course, your audio files must have the appropriate tags - MPD won't calculate them for you.

zoom25

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2017, 04:11 pm »
Thanks, Krutsch. I will take a look at it. I second the motion to have that option to toggle it on/off like shuffle button on the main page as well That would be helpful for compilations.

What do I have to do if I want to remove it. Trying to know before I go messing in there.

Also, I noticed that after upgrading last night, there is suddenly a 'star' shape where the play, pause, forward symbols are. Do you know what that does?

Marius

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2017, 08:16 am »
Thanks, Krutsch. I will take a look at it. I second the motion to have that option to toggle it on/off like shuffle button on the main page as well That would be helpful for compilations.

What do I have to do if I want to remove it. Trying to know before I go messing in there.

Also, I noticed that after upgrading last night, there is suddenly a 'star' shape where the play, pause, forward symbols are. Do you know what that does?

Click the star on a song playing, and the artist will be 'Starred' in the Artist column in Artist view.

check:

Cheers,
Marius

Marius

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2017, 08:23 am »
ReplayGain is supported by MPD and, hence, by the BDP-X.

You need to access the Samba share called "user" that takes you to /mnt/img.

Add line "replaygain;album" in <root>/mnt/img/mpdconf.set

Reboot the BDP and the setting will be applied to the running MPD.

I've suggested making that a Manic Moose MDP setting, in the past, but this is how you do it on your own.

Of course, your audio files must have the appropriate tags - MPD won't calculate them for you.

Settings/Audio Devices offers a volume control setting:

Never used that up to now, mine is Off, but wouldn't that be of use in the Gain question?

Marius 

zoom25

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2017, 04:20 pm »
Marius,

Regarding the star, I figured why it wasn't working for me. I have the DB disabled for now.

About the volume, I did play around with that 2-3 times and it killed SQ quite fast. I don't know if that's the same way the Replay Gain works?