• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
Beautiful Salk Ellis 1801s on Agon
« on: 26 Sep 2008, 02:52 pm »
Dayum these are tempting. :drool:

jsalk

BEWARE!!!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2008, 04:31 pm »
BEWARE!!!!

I am not certain what might be going on here, but the speakers in the picture are owned by my brother and are not for sale.  I only built one pair using that particular batch of veneer so I know that the seller does not have them.  He may have another pair of 1801's that we built, but not the pair shown.

- Jim

sfox7076

Re: Beautiful Salk Ellis 1801s on Agon
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2008, 05:06 pm »
Jim,

I did not see that picture when I looked at the ad on Audiogon.  That may just have been put there for reference by the original poster (Miney).  I am thinking of buying a pair of your speakers (in the replacing the Paradigm thread).  May I send you a PM with some questions?

Shawn

Nuance

« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2008, 05:20 pm »
Jim is one of the most helpful guys I've ever dealt with; don't hesitate to PM him.  In fact, e-mail him.

jimsalk@att.net

He always promptly answers my e-mails and questions. 

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2008, 05:23 pm »
OK...It is probably legit.  When I saw the picture I knew exactly what speakers were shown and I knew they were not for sale.  This was one of the first pairs I built and I built them for my brother.  I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a scam.

Shawn -

It would be quicker to use the email link Nuance provided.  I don't find time to deal with PM's as quickly as emails.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2008, 05:32 pm »
The saga continues...

Miney -

Did you see this picture on audiogon?  When I informed audiogon about this, they requested the seller remove the picture.  So that leads me to believe there was a picture there to begin with.  Just curious...

- Jim

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2008, 05:36 pm »
Yikes  :o this line of discussion is not what I expected to start.  Sorry to alarm anyone.

Yes Jim, the photo I posted was taken directly from the Agon ad - here's the exact link: http://pic8.audiogon.com/i/c/f/1222394547.jpg

I see that the picture has since been removed.  But he does say that pics of his speakers are on the Salk website.

In any event - that finish is spectacular... and I've no doubt the sound just as good.

jsalk

« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2008, 07:23 pm »
Mystery solved...

These were sealed versions of the 1801's I did upon request.  The grain patterns are similar to the above picture, but the color is not as orange/red.

They are 15" tall rather than 19" tall.  And since they are sealed, they will not play as deep as a normal ported 1801.  They would work fine with a well-integrated, quality subwoofer.

- Jim

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2008, 07:38 pm »
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2008, 04:20 am by oneinthepipe »

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #9 on: 30 Oct 2008, 04:20 am »
These speakers have been re-listed on a'gon.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

Rocket

« Reply #11 on: 30 Oct 2008, 10:22 am »
Hi Chris,

Perhaps a chance for another system.  The speakers are available from NY.

Regards

Rod