Status of RM/X ?

ekovalsky

Status of RM/X ?
« on: 21 Jun 2003, 07:43 am »
I've had my RM-40/TRT for about 11 months now.  Really 9 months because it took two months to get properly functioning neo panels...

The disease has relapsed again, I feel the need to upgrade.  Although I first thought it ugly, the design of the RM/X has grown on me.  I thought these were in production but Sedona Sky Sound posted that there is only one pair in existence!  Actually I know there are at least 1.5 pairs since I saw the pictures from CES 2003 and that was a trinaural setup.

When will the RM/X be available for purchase? Will the usual options be available, i.e. TRT caps, wood veneer, wire upgrades, and what are their costs?

Since the RM/X cabinet design is such a departure from the coffin-style box used in the other large systems, how will the wood veneer be applied?  Just to the sides, top and back with piano black on the front panel and concave sections?

Will the RM/X need to be bi-amped with the electronic crossover or passively biamped, or will biwiring with a single amp be acceptable?

Last question -- mainly for Big B and dealers who have heard them both --would there be any reason to opt for the FF1-SRE rather than the RM/X at a similar price point, or is the newer, sexier RM/X a superior performer?  Only advantages I could see for the FF-1 SRE are lower bass cutoff and true dipole midrange radiation pattern.