Transformer on Cornet 2 Buzzing.

regap25

Transformer on Cornet 2 Buzzing.
« on: 17 Dec 2014, 01:05 am »
Hi,

After a Year in storage, I plugged everything back up and my tranny is buzzing. The buzzing comes straight thru to the speakers and with everything disconnected, I can hear the tranny buzzing. Can I fix this or should I get a new tranny?

Tranny Hammond P-T370BX

Any substitute trannys????

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

poty

Re: Transformer on Cornet 2 Buzzing.
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2014, 07:19 am »
Is it possible to disconnect all secondary windings from the rest of the circuit and try just the transformer? Do this with great care and write down the initial connections to prevent mis-wiring in the future.

hagtech

« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2014, 03:35 am »
Wait, is the transformer buzzing itself or do you hear a buzz in the output signal?  These are two very different things.  If the latter, probably missing ground connection somewhere.  Or a chassis screw is loose.  If the former, could be you've developed some DC on your mains.  Try the C2 in another part of the house, or garage, see if it does the same.

jh

jea48

« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2014, 04:36 pm »
Hi,

After a Year in storage, I plugged everything back up and my tranny is buzzing. The buzzing comes straight thru to the speakers and with everything disconnected, I can hear the tranny buzzing. Can I fix this or should I get a new tranny?

Tranny Hammond P-T370BX

Any substitute trannys????

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

If you are hearing the buzzing/humming through the speakers the problem could be bad electrolytic capacitors in the power supply. What you could be hearing is the unfiltered ripple of rectified DC.

regap25

« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2014, 03:06 am »
Well Guys... I picked up a radio station when I was powering down. LOL. I am in a new house, in a new basement so new problems! As you can tell by looking in my gallery. Both my Cornet 2 and aikido Line stage are mounted on a wooden box. I guess that might be the cause? It worked perfect in my old place. If that's the case than I guess I can wrapped the inside with Conductive copper tape or get a steel/aluminum enclosure? I now know what RFI and EMI are!!!

Any possible suggestion are welcomed!!

Happy Holidays and peace on Earth!!!

regap25

« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2015, 01:31 am »
Well have it close to optimal now except that I pick up a radio station if I touch the first tube on the cornet 2. I guess don't touch the tube but it irks me!! :evil:

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2015, 01:47 am »
That's normal,can you set different overall gain,that would stop it or reduce it...
also there is too wide bandwidth with the circuit...
cheers  :green: