NFL Football ('14-'15)

jimdgoulding

Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #160 on: 13 Oct 2014, 02:00 am »
Just finished eating my hat.  Tasted wonderful!  Just please don't remind me who owns them.  Great team effort.  I dunno anyone who thought the Cowboys would play this brilliantly, even Satfrat.  Best Cowboy performance I've seen in ages.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #161 on: 13 Oct 2014, 08:47 am »
The Giants, ugh!  Even I had to turn the game off.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #162 on: 13 Oct 2014, 01:52 pm »

Satfrat/Robin Bombard, I'm calling you out.  Your obstinance to re-join the group is pissing me off.  You have more music than probably anybody.  You have a high quality system so finely tweaked you're probably in a league of one and your a Cowboys fan till death do you part.  What's not to like.  You think management has done you wrong and that's all the more reason to hang.  Where is your grit?  You were my mentor when I was a loose cannon.  Now, I'm trying to repay the favor.  You are missed.  Post somthin, dammit!  Your sourness with management over some ancient this or that is robbing me and the rest of the cats here to include Lady Laura and Toni Rambold of your opinions, suggestions and insight.  That ain't fair.  Post sumthin, dammit!

PS- Watch ESPN's First Take this morning and watch Stephen A. Smith eat some crow.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #163 on: 13 Oct 2014, 02:31 pm »
Jim - Robin isn't out of reach. He has contacted me and I'm sure he reaches out to others as well, including, most likely, you.

The Cowboys are doing quite well for now and you are seeking a gloating companion. Satfrat has learned that he cannot concurrently be himself and conform to the strictures imposed at this particular virtual meeting site. He seems resentful but resigned to this reality and has adjusted his lifestyle to accommodate, if not embrace, the situation. He feels abused (I can relate) and does not want to invite further experiences of that kind. I feel he has made a wise decision.

And you should not waste these precious moments of optimism. The Cowdudes are only an injury or two away from utter collapse, just like everybody else. So --------- gloat while the gloatin's good. Could all be gone in a flash.

On the same general topic, I notice no one is calling for Garrett's head lately.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #164 on: 13 Oct 2014, 02:47 pm »
I hear you MJ.  There is still Philadelphia in the NFC East.  I know Robin is ship-shape.  I hear from him on occasion, too.  Still, I miss his perspective and information in the forum.  It's a better forum for him.  He'll bite or he won't.  I'm not optimistic but would love to be wrong.  Abused?  My, aren't we sensitive.  Water off a duck's back if you ask me.  Onward and upward.  Damn the torpedoes.       

So, what the hell happened to Robin's team to suddenly make them a contender.  Eight and eight last year, right?  Talk about a 180 degree turnabout. 

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #165 on: 13 Oct 2014, 03:28 pm »
Anybody besides us NY northerners see the front page of The Buffalo News sports section?

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/52930184/your-buffalo-bills-22-vs-fading-dynasty-37-4th/

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #166 on: 14 Oct 2014, 03:08 am »
Well I said if the team located in Dallas beats the Seahawks, which I gave them zero chance of doing so, we'd have to take them seriously.  And I do.  Also note the other team at 5-1 in the NFC East looked pretty impressive in their stomping of the Giants Sunday night, and that's with half an offensive line.  Looks like a real horse race for the division.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2014, 12:59 pm by Letitroll98 »

jackman

« Reply #167 on: 14 Oct 2014, 04:09 am »
Cowboys are for real!  Entertaining week; the Bears are finally playing good defense even though most of their defense is hurt including all starting linebackers, Good Jay showed up again, Seattle is sinking fast so far, the Eagles look very good so far but I'm not sold yet, the Pats are starting to play very well again and Aaron Rodgers just showed us why he's one of the best in the business. That final drive to bury the Fins was amazing. Not sure there is another qb who could have made those throws while scrambling.

The Broncos look tough so far and I think this is their year to win it all. We all know about Manning's post season struggles but I'm a fan. Plus he's on my fantasy team with E Sanders and I'm totally biased. First place so far for my fantasy team.

Lastly, I know this is a football thread but I'm still kicking myself for not taking the Royals to take it all, when I was in Vegas last week. They are playing some really solid ball.  Watching them play reminds me why I love baseball!

Cheers

Jack

jimdgoulding

« Reply #168 on: 14 Oct 2014, 01:16 pm »
Jack, the Cowboys are for real as long as Romo has protection.  Opposing defenses surely are mapping out strategies to get to him.  He's no Kapernick.  Damn, that man is mobile and can manage arm strength and accuracy off of one leg.  But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the "Satboys" for the first time in a long time.  Keep devising good running plays, coaches, and defensive attacks.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #169 on: 14 Oct 2014, 02:45 pm »
  Also note the other team at 5-1 in the NFC East looked pretty impressive in their stomping of the Giants Sunday night, and that's with half an offensive line.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but this year's Beagles may have found some bite to with their bark.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #170 on: 14 Oct 2014, 05:31 pm »
This shouldn't cripple the team but Dallas's 3rd string rookie running back, Joseph Randle, was arrested for shoplifting underwear and cologne. Why, you might ask --- well I have to ask too. While I'm not sure how much he is being paid, I feel certain that it is 10 times my family income and none of us ever has had to steal anything. What the hell motivates this behavior? I cannot believe it is driven by need.

Chazro

« Reply #171 on: 14 Oct 2014, 05:32 pm »
The Giants are literally having a tragic season.  On top of the team playing so poorly, the knee injury Victor Cruz sustained on Sunday is being reported to be a career-finisher for the salsa-dancing receiver, too sad! 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #172 on: 14 Oct 2014, 05:34 pm »
Re: Joseph Randle.  It isn't driven by need.  I would say that it is driven by the feeling that he is special.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #173 on: 14 Oct 2014, 06:20 pm »
You mean like "special ed"?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #174 on: 14 Oct 2014, 07:05 pm »
I always thought shoplifting was a form of thrill seeking rather than financially motivated.
I was surprised that Randle made the team, as I think one of the practice squad guys is better.  It's not a hanging offense, but I'm sure he will see at least a game or two suspension.  It does impact the Boy's attempt to cut back Murray's number of carries.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #175 on: 14 Oct 2014, 07:20 pm »
Maybe those sticky fingers help him to avoid fumbles.

rodge827

« Reply #176 on: 14 Oct 2014, 10:38 pm »
This shouldn't cripple the team but Dallas's 3rd string rookie running back, Joseph Randle, was arrested for shoplifting underwear and cologne. Why, you might ask --- well I have to ask too. While I'm not sure how much he is being paid, I feel certain that it is 10 times my family income and none of us ever has had to steal anything. What the hell motivates this behavior? I cannot believe it is driven by need.

"Joseph Randle signed a 4 year / $2.35 million contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $188,880 signing bonus, $188,880 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $587,205."

As reported here: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/joseph-randle/

Re: Joseph Randle.  It isn't driven by need.  I would say that it is driven by the feeling that he is special.

I believe "entitled" is more appropriate!  :roll:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #177 on: 15 Oct 2014, 02:55 am »

Yeah, I hate to say it, but this year's Beagles may have found some bite to with their bark.

And we hate to admit the Cowgirls are for real, but it looks like they have a team down there.  Should make for a much better season than the early season predictions of the Eagles just running away with the division.  Both O lines and D lines are gelling quite nicely.  Demarco is a good running back, but his success is directly related to the massive holes the line is opening up.  You could literally drive a small vehicle, if not a truck, through some of the gaps I saw.  And Shady is finally looking at some daylight as well.  Both situations make the respective QBs look much better.  Philly's D line is playing better than Dallas, but they're not far behind.  Can't wait for the first meeting.

rodge827

« Reply #178 on: 15 Oct 2014, 03:07 am »
Can't wait for the first meeting.

Thanksgiving Day!  8)

Doublej

« Reply #179 on: 16 Oct 2014, 01:18 am »
Bose vs. Apple - Who's winning?

Bose vs. Apple lawsuit on patent infringement has been "resolved" says Bose.
Bose gets the NFL to ban players from wearing Beats headphones, fine players for non compliance.
Apple is rumored to be tossing Bose out of their stores.

Is this stranger than the Cowboys being 5-1 at the moment?