• Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Omegarray pictures
« on: 2 Jun 2004, 04:07 am »

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Omegarray pictures
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2004, 04:34 am »
Holy (*&%^!  Do they sound as wicked as they look?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
Omegarray pictures
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2004, 04:38 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock

Worth taking a trip to hear from your home in the Badlands (or is that the "Corn Palace"?)  :D

They are in Iowa.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Omegarray pictures
« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2004, 05:24 am »
Quote from: Rick Craig

Worth taking a trip to hear from your home in the Badlands (or is that the "Corn Palace"?)  :D

They are in Iowa.

Well, that's almost where I live!  :lol:   A little to the right of those esteemed landmarks.  

Do you mean they are with a customer there?  I thought your website says you're in NC?

goskers

Where in Iowa?
« Reply #4 on: 2 Jun 2004, 11:11 am »
Rick,

Can you give the secret location and how to contact this person?  I would love to drop in for a listen.

Thanks

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
Omegarray pictures
« Reply #5 on: 2 Jun 2004, 11:35 am »
Quote from: Rick Craig

They are in Iowa.

Well, that's almost where I live!  :lol:   A little to the right of those esteemed landmarks.  

Do you mean they are with a customer there?  I thought your website says you're in NC?

I'm in North Carolina but the owner is in Iowa.

jholtz

Omegarrays!
« Reply #6 on: 2 Jun 2004, 04:43 pm »
I'm the customer that Rick is refering to. I just completed them yesterday and have family visiting from out of town so I can't give you a full review yet but my initial imressions are simply WOW!  :D  The sounds quality is stunning and the best I've heard. More thoughts to come after breaking things in a bit and some critical listening.

I'd be happy to have anyone interested in hearing them over for a listening session. I live just outside Des Moines, Iowa. Please give me a week or so advance notice and we'll get it scheduled.

Jim

JoshK

Omegarray pictures
« Reply #7 on: 2 Jun 2004, 07:32 pm »
Congrats Jim!  Looks like you got yourself a mean pair of speakers.  What sub driver is that?  Let us know your impressions once you got them running and have listened to them.

One thing I'd be interested to know is how line arrays image.  I have never gotten to hear a line array before so I don't know how they would compare in the dissapearing act to a more conventional speaker.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Omegarray pictures
« Reply #8 on: 2 Jun 2004, 09:28 pm »
The Excelarray's I heard at Gary's here in Denver was the best imaging I've heard, ever.  Friggin amazing.  That was in a heavily treated room, but still incredible.

jholtz

Omegarray pictures
« Reply #9 on: 3 Jun 2004, 10:36 am »
Josh,

I expected the normal benefits of walk around imaging that go with an array but what I didn't expect was how good the image would be. The Omegarrays have the most 3 dimensional image with layering of the sound stage and performers I think I've ever heard. I'm really impressed with them. They come closer to accurately recreating the live performance than anything I've ever heard. Again, these are initial impressions but the experience has just been WOW so far. More to come.  :D As you can tell, I'm very happy.

Jim

Quote from: JoshK
Congrats Jim!  Looks like you got yourself a mean pair of speakers.  What sub driver is that?  Let us know your impressions once you got them running and have listened to them.

One thing I'd be interested to know is how line arrays image.  I have never gotten to hear a line array before so I don't know how they would compare in the dissapearing act to a more conventional speaker.

rosconey

Omegarray pictures
« Reply #10 on: 3 Jun 2004, 08:45 pm »
rick has a good ear :D he did a cheap pair of 3.5 ways based on his phastest design for me and i like them so much i cant find any reason to upgrade :mrgreen: